Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wet & Shiny

I recently took a trip up to Fishkill to get my car washed at the Foam & Wash. It's a pretty sweet set up there if you haven't been. It's totally automated, no employees to annoy you. You just put in your cash like a vending machine or swipe your plastic and enter the bay at your own risk. There aren't even any stupid tracks you have to drive onto. Just some red and green lights to tell you when to halt or proceed. After the wash it's time to vacuum and shampoo the inside of your car. FANC-Y!

There are also 4 or 5 other bays with all the necessary equipment in case you want to manually wash your car. Lots of doodads and gizmos to play with, I used the foaming wheel and tire brush along with the high pressure water wand. Got the Monte Carlo all shined up and no place to go.

One thing I thought was kinda odd is that it's a 24 hour car wash. Tell me who is washing their car at 3 in the morning? Drug dealers that are also neat freaks? Out of all the things that could be open 24 hours a day, I don't think a car wash makes that list. Rarely do I get the urge to get my car wet at the late hours of the night, usually there is only one thing I urge to get wet........ if you catch my drift. Hell maybe that's the new hangout spot where all the cool kids go to smoke and freestyle. Did they get kicked out of the Shell station again?

I want to go up there at 2 or 3 am to see who is actually washing their car. I will interview them and make it the follow up to this post. Will hilarity ensue? Find out next time: same bat time, same bat channel.

1 comment:

California Keys said...

You never get the urge to wash your car at 2 am after a late night Denny's run?

www.asblackasobama.blogspot.com