Wednesday, October 21, 2009

OCD much

One of my biggest pet peeves is when a chair or table I'm sitting at/on is wobbly. This is extremely annoying and if you are like me it bothers you to the bitter end. I am always finding myself shimming said chair or table to stop the wobbling. I learned about what shims are in construction. Normally they are a slender piece of wood that is used to make something level or flush.

I never have an actual shim handy so I use whatever is around me. In math class last night I folded up a piece of paper and stuck it under one of the legs of my desk to make it level. I had been sitting at this desk since the beginning of the semester and I couldn't stand it anymore. Problem solved for now, I just hope the paper shim is still there next class. So far; Jamie: one, desk: zero.

1 comment:

California Keys said...

Better watch out.... I hear tables are looking to even the score!