Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pride and Glory

I recently just watched this movie like last week and I meant to write a short review but I forgot so here it is now. Normally people don't write reviews for movies that weren't seen in theaters however I'm changing the rules. I totally wanted to see Pride and Glory in the theater last year but somehow I missed that boat. I'm a big Edward Norton fan, that's the main reason I wanted to see it. I have seen just about everything he has done; Primal Fear is his first film, it's awesome if you haven't seen it yet. Okay I'm rambling on and away from the review.

Pride and Glory also stars Colin Farrell and Jon Voight. I'm not going to bore you with the plot summary, you can read that on IMDB. Actually it might be a little tough to talk about the movie without giving you a little plot. For the most part it's about cop corruption and covering it up. Colin Farrell is the corrupt cop and Edward Norton is the detective trying to solve the case. Don't whine, I didn't give anything away that you don't find out within the first 20 minutes. Jon Voight plays Norton's father and retired Captain or some rank that I don't remember at this time (I'm not being paid for this so it doesn't have to be 100% accurate.)

Let's just say part of the movie involves a pissed off Colin Farrell, a hot iron and a crying baby......enough said. This movie is packed with people getting the shit kicked out of them and wild gunfire. If you care this movie was directed by Gavin O'connor who hasn't really done anything else that I know of.

This movie definitely met my expectations. It was very entertaining and I highly recommend it if you are not a brain dead vegetable and if you are well it sucks to be you. I want to apologize to all my loyal avid brain dead vegetable readers, that was uncalled for.
I should of wrote this review last week right after I watched the movie because I don't know what else to say and I've forgotten parts of the movie. Oh well...... add it to your Netflix queue.

No comments: