Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trivia Corner Reboot #9 Answers

Congratulations to Pat Tillett for getting all 4 questions right. That man knows his useless information. Thank you everyone that played this week. Here are your answers.

1) How many compartments does a giraffe's stomach have? (worth 2 points)

a) One
b) Two
c) Three
d) Four
e) Seventeen


2) Which U.S. president was lassoed by a rodeo stuntman while reviewing his inaugural parade? (worth 3 points)


Texas-born Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953. It was a gag that Eisenhower okayed in advance. Rodeo stuntman Owen Harlan Mickel, known professionally as Montie Montana, appeared in a number of John Wayne films, including The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962).


3) What country was the first in the world to legalize same-sex marriages?
(worth 4 points)

The Netherlands in 2001. A few of you guessed Denmark but that is a separate country.


4) What famous explorer headed the first organized dig that found fossilized remains of mastodons and woolly mammoths in the United States?
(worth 5 points)

William Clark of Lewis and Clark fame. He was commissioned by President Thomas Jefferson in 1807 to organize a paleontological dig in a salt marsh which is now Big Bone Lick State Park in Kentucky.

Tune in next week for the last set of questions for this Trivia Corner challenge. Where are you on the standings?

4 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

It seems like I either know them all, or I know none of them...
This one was actually pretty easy for me. 1. Animals that eat all veggies have 4 stomachs (like cows). So I guessed 4.
2. The guy who lassoed Ike had stuff being pawned on "pawn stars" this season.
3. I saw the gay marriage question before and people always answer "Denmark." They were first country to start legal "unions," but not marriages.
4. A relative of mine discovered a new species of dinosaur.
you see, it was luck...
The problem is that I don't know crap that's important...

Chuck said...

Same here Pat, same here.

http://www.apackalipsnow.blogspot.com

Cruella Collett said...

This post had giraffes (best animal there is), Eisenhower (my favourite of the three US presidents I tackle in my MA thesis) and mockery of Denmark in it (at least I think it was - I am liberal in defining what constitutes mockery of fellow Scandinavian countires - and hinting that Denmark only just barely is a country suffices in plenty). I think I was meant to be your follower!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Pat, once again, you make me feel stupid. :)
Don't be so humble about it.
xoRobyn