Monday, June 21, 2010

The Movie Dirty Dozen Blogfest


Time for my dirty dozen movies. I am a pretty big movie buff. I have watched a lot of movies, so many that I forget that I've watched some of them and I end up watching it again not thinking I already saw it. I was racking my brain trying to come up with ONLY 12 MOVIES!! I need a dirty 100, at least to cover all the ones I want to pick. These movies are just a taste of what I enjoy.

So here they are in no particular order (at least I don't think so).

1) FIGHT CLUB - I have watched this flick many times. I was blown away when I first saw it and I never get tired of it. The book is pretty awesome too and it doesn't ruin the movie. If you haven't seen Fight Club then you should hit yourself over the head with a frying pan.

2) THE DARK KNIGHT - I think Christopher Nolan is one of the most talented directors out there. Who thought he could remake something that Tim Burton once had a handle on? Christian Bale has the perfect voice for this kind of Batman.

3) MEMENTO -This is Christopher Nolan's break out hit. A friend showed this film to me and it melted my brain. It was so mind boggling and awesome at the same time. I can't even put into words how I feel about this movie. On the special features disc, you can watch the movie in reverse which is actually forwards..... I'm confusing myself.

4) PULP FICTION - I am a big fan of Quentin Tarantino and this is one of my favorites of his. I was going to put Reservoir Dogs on the list too but I had to make room for others. I love the different intertwined stories that Pulp Fiction has in it. It has some a brilliant cast: Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Uma Thurman, Christopher Walken, Ving Rhames and more.

5) WEDDING CRASHERS - Hands down one of my favorite comedies. I almost peed my pants the first time I saw this. "Lock it up" "No, you lock it up" "Lock it up" So many great quotes to take and use. I hope they make a sequel but it probably won't be as good. I can watch this film again and again and still find it funny.

6) EMPIRE RECORDS - Not a great movie by today's standards but I love it. It's one of those movies that I always watched when it was on tv and just knew the story. I love movies affiliated with music. High Fidelity is another good one.

7) ROUNDERS - Brilliant movie about playing poker. I became a big fan of Edward Norton because of this movie. It has a great story and John Malkovich as a Russian is awesome to watch. I just saw on IMDb that Rounders 2 is in the works, they better not screw that up.

8) THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS - A classic movie that everybody needs to see. So very original and edge of your seat thriller. Anthony Hopkins plays Hannibal Lecter to a T. Just thinking about him gives me the chills.

9) TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - I definitely had to go with a film from my childhood and you can't go wrong with TMNT. I also love the The Secret of the Ooze and the original cartoon was the shit. I am still a kid at heart.

10) FINDING NEMO - This just has such a cute story. Ellen's character Dory is so funny and silly. Nicole and I stole our nickname from this movie, we call each other squishy.

11) TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY - Another movie I saw when I was younger. So much action, a non stop thrill ride. One of Arnold Schwarzenegger's best movies. We wouldn't know who Linda Hamilton is without The Terminator saga. I have to wait another 2 years for another Terminator movie.

12) BLACK SHEEP & TOMMY BOY - I love both of these movies equally, so much that I get them mixed up with each other because I watched them around the same time. I own them both and have watched them lots and lots of times. 2 great movies to quote as well.

Well there you have it, my dirty dozen. There are plenty of them that almost made the list and are easily interchangeable with the others. Maybe I will make a runner's-up list. If you posted your dirty dozen, let me know in a comment so I can check them out.

15 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

Pretty good list. I felt memento was a great idea but didn't fully work. A good film but not great.

It's funny I caught part of Empire Records the other day and was remembering how much I love that film.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Memento is on my list and that movie was excellent! I also chose T2.
Great selections and thanks for participating!

Ally said...

i need to see empire records from beginning to end, i always end up seeing bits and pieces of it, the other movies i'm not really feelin' although i heard very good things about memento, i need to see that one.

The Man-Cave said...

This is an awesome dozen dude. Memento, T2, Lambs, and Crashers. Great picks!

I can watch T2 and Silence over and over again.

baygirl32 said...

The only one I haven't seen is Memento.... looks like I have a plan for the weekend.

Nippy The Penguin said...

altogether excellent list , you do have great taste in movies. I still need to get around to seeing wedding crashers.

Chuck said...

Well my list is out and we at least share Fight Club and Pulp...great choices. I had forgot about rounders and Silence...in fact all the Hannibal Lector movies. Yeah, I would need a much bigger list as well.

http://www.apackalipsnow.blogspot.com

Cheeseboy said...

Edward Norton is hands down my FAVORITE actor. He is so versatile. In fact I would include American History X in my dirty dozen.

Bernadine said...

I like all the movies John Travolta played in. He is one of my favorite actors. He can play and good guy (Phenomenon) or a bad guy (Broken Arrow)very well and I just love his acting. Finding Nemo was a sweet movie for me to.

Pat Tillett said...

We share a couple of movies also.
I came up with way too many picks...

Jessica Bell said...

Yeah High Fidelity was another one on my mind when compiling my list. But I decided I liked the book better, so didn't choose it. GReat picks!

Pat Tillett said...

One more thing...Rounders!! Damn, I totally forgot about that one! I loved it..

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

A great list, I don't think any of them made my list but I've seen several of them and agree they are good, I'll have to keep an eye out for some of the others!

DEZMOND said...

Yes, I admit, a totally different list from mine, and a totally different movie taste, but it's also true that your films go well together and that they describe you as a person as well ;) Thanks for visiting HOLLYWOOD SPY, by the way, hope we'll be seeing you there often.

Arlee Bird said...

For me, your picks ranged from pretty good to outstanding. I could do an enjoyable movie marathon with the films on your list.

Lee
Tossing It Out