Saturday, November 7, 2009

I finally did it!!

I haven't written much in the past week. I have been focusing a lot on my relationship with Nicole. It was our 2 year anniversary on Thursday, November 5th so we booked a hotel room in Fishkill for 2 nights for some much needed alone time. I bought a ring on Tuesday that she picked out about 2 months ago and I proposed on Thursday (she had no idea), she said yes, of course.

It was definitely an experience to buy an engagement ring and propose to the one I love. It was very scary, nerve racking and exciting all rolled up into one. I think my voice cracked when I asked her to marry me. She didn't believe me at first, she was like "are you serious?" I was a little thrown off guard and said "so is that a yes or no?" She started crying when she realized I was serious.

I'm still kind of shocked that I did it. I never really pictured myself proposing, not that I didn't want to, I just still think of myself as a young lad. I want to be a Toys 'R' Us kid but I guess it's time to grow up and do grown up things now. We haven't set a date yet. We want to wait until one of us is out of school, so probably another few years. We have been talking a lot lately about our future, getting married and having kids so it fit to give her a shiny ring.

The hotel we stayed at was a lot nicer than we expected. It was one of those extended stay deals with a kitchen. It was great to get some privacy since we both still live at home. It was very good times if you know what I mean (wink, wink.) I'm very happy, I have a fiancee now. I had to look that up, "fiance" is a man who is getting married and "fiancee" is a woman who is getting married. I didn't know there were 2 different spellings. You learn something new everyday.

1 comment:

California Keys said...

A huge congratulations! May you have a lifetime of happiness.... Are you guys planning a summer wedding?