Monday, May 4, 2020

Flopped car model names



Car models we know and the names that were thrown out.

Jeep
Kept: Patriot

Thrown out:  United States of America, Geep, Thing-a-majig, Stars & Stripes, #8

Chevrolet
Kept: Tahoe

Thrown out: Detroit, Harlem, Mississippi, Baghdad, Cancun

Honda
Kept: Pilot

Thrown out: Co-pilot, Air Traffic Controller, Stewardess, Jet Blue, Adnoh

Chrysler
Kept: Town & Country

Thrown out: Horse & Buggy, Peaks & Valleys, Chutes & Ladders, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Vanity

Ford
Kept: Mustang

Thrown out: Clydesdale, Miniature Horse, Appaloosa, Shetland Pony, Mr. Ed

Dodge
Kept: Ram

Thrown out: Ewe, Billy Goat, Llama, Emu, Lamb Chop

Nissan
Kept: Pathfinder

Thrown out: Walkway, 5th Avenue, Yellow Brick Road, Oregon Trail, Rocky Road


11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Rocky Road Ice Cream would've been all right.
No one would want a Detroit. Ever.

Birgit said...

My hubby would add, for most of these cars except for Honda and Mustang, “piece of shit.”

Joanne said...

and then there's Chevy Nova - they kept it. It sounded fancier in the Spanish. English truth in advertising - No Go

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Dodge also kept Dakota. But without the North or South, how do we know which side it's on?

Darla M Sands said...

I want to drive an Emu! The comments made me chuckle, as well. But what's especially amusing is some of the lame monikers like the Ford Focus. In fact, I found a list. Heh...

https://www.zeroto60times.com/2016/06/50-terrible-car-names/

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

If Ford had kept Mr. Ed, I'd have bought one.

Liz A. said...

I need a Jeep Thing-a-majig.

yellowdoggranny said...

I would buy a rocky road

Ananka said...

I used to drive a Ford Mr Ed - best car ever :-D

Jax said...

I vote for the lamb chop! Imagine? Sounds so cute.

Luna Lili said...

I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
We also provide hotmail & yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to
Hotmail Help Guide