Sunday, June 2, 2019

Some random thoughts


How come at the movie theater before the movie starts they go through that spiel about locating the nearest exits and say something if you see something suspicious? They don't do this in other places like at a restaurant or grocery store? Are people that dumb that they wouldn't know where the exit is unless someone reminded them?

I was watching The Fifth Element recently and there are flying cars in the film. How would traffic lanes work with flying cars? In the movie they were just flying everywhere. Seems a bit dangerous.

Why do we say 'take a poop?' We are leaving it, not taking it. And we always say "I am going to the bathroom, even if we take a piss in the woods. There is no bathroom there.

Why is it appropriate to wear a bikini at the beach but not wear your bra and panties to the grocery store? Same look just different location.

Having a donut or muffin is acceptable for breakfast but If I ate cake it would be weird. They are essentially the same things. And a muffin is just a naked cupcake.

Is it gray or grey? I never know I never use the same one all the time.

Isn't it about time we got rid of pennies? Do you know the Government spends millions of dollars to make pennies? It cost more to make them then they are worth!!

Who coined the phrase blow job? Wouldn't suck job be more accurate?

No matter what time of day I am driving on the road there are way too many drivers out. Doesn't anybody have a job anymore? Where the fuck is everyone going all the time? Stay home!!

Have you noticed there are way too many dumb, annoying entitled people in the world? Nobody wants to do anything for themselves and expects things to be done for them.

What is the past tense of freezing rain?

Movie credits are ridiculously long. Do we really need to know everyone that worked on the movie? I don't care who the 2nd assistant to the head chef was.

Do ants drown when it rains? How do they keep their ant hills from flooding?

12 comments:

Adam said...

They kicked me out the last time I did that at the supermarket.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I agree about the driving. Doesn't anyone work anymore? Come on!
Don't try to justify The Fifth Element. Just enjoy...

bookworm said...

I know, living in the North, what the past tense of freezing rain is. It is "next year, I hope to be a snowbird". Maybe one year. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Liz A. said...

English is weird. I won't defend the language.

As for gray or grey, both are correct. One is more popular in America and one is more popular in England. (I was curious one day, so I looked it up.)

Apparently, they got rid of pennies in Canada. We could do it like them, but as a culture I think we'd mess it up.

You may not care who the 2nd assistant to the head chef was, but I do like to see my brother's name on the TV shows he does.

Sherry Ellis said...

Some interesting thoughts here. Yes, I agree, "suck job" would be more appropriate over "blow job."

I would very much like those cookies you mentioned on my blog. Cookies make everything better! :)

Tanza Erlambang said...

I wonder why no people when I am driving on the road in the no body village close to forest?....

# Thank you to share you thought... I really enjoy reading your post.
- I must read twice sometimes.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Good questions, PTM. The only one I have answer for is the one about "blow job." A cocaine addict coined the term, I'm guessing. Someone like Charlie Sheen.

Ugh. Sorry I messed up on my blog. I'll post my June Cleaver thing soon.

Cheers!

Andrea said...

My brother and I were just talking about flying cars yesterday with regard to just how high you would want them to be. My father chimed in that the solution is high speed trains...but I am not sure that has the same level of general coolness we were discussing!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Fun questions! I don't think it should be called a blow job OR a suck job. "Lip hug" sounds much more genteel. :)

Al Penwasser said...

Well, a broken vacuum cleaner blows.
A good vacuum cleaner sucks.

Birgit said...

We got rid of our pennies and it is pretty damn good:) What about tongue job? Lip job? OK thinking about that way too much. As for entitled people-way too many!

Janie Junebug said...

Gray is the American spelling. Grey is the British spelling.

Love,
Janie