Sunday, June 28, 2015

What's rolling around up there



I don't understand personalized license plates. They only make sense to the people driving that car. Most of the time it is a guessing game, trying to figure out what the letters and numbers could mean. But even if we decipher the puzzle, we still don't actually know the meaning behind it. It's like the driver is fucking with us by putting "LUV2CKS". They love to make cakes? They love two cocks? They love to cookies? We will never know.

Why did Domino's change it's name from Domino's Pizza to Domino's? So they want to say that they are more than just pizza. Can't they just say that without having to spend millions of dollars to change every sign, pizza box, napkin and merchandise. Seems like a waste of money. I don't think anyone cares.

Why are there no female breakfast cereal mascots? I remember one, the Waffle Crisp Grannies but that cereal doesn't exist anymore so it's a sausagefest out there in cereal land.

Why is it acceptable to say bye-bye or b-bye but it doesn't work with a greeting like hi-hi or h-hello? And why is it goodbye but not good hello?

I have been overwhelmed and underwhelmed but never just whelmed. Have you ever been whelmed?

7 comments:

A Beer for the Shower said...

100% yes to the personalized license plates.

I'll never forget, on one road trip the wife and I took to Vegas we followed behind a car for about 3 hours with the license plate BRNMMY... and we spent all of those 3 hours playing "What the hell does that mean?" Brown Mommy? Born Memory? Burn Mummy? It's trying to communicate with us, but we just don't understand...

Mark said...

I'm usually not too bad with license plates. I'd have to say that one means "Love two cocks" myself. I didn't realise Dominos was ever called Dominos Pizza and spent all that money to rebrand. It does seem a bit silly. Pizza Hut serves more than pizza but they didn't change their name to just "Pizza". That'd be silly.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm whelmed now.
My wife says the same thing about license plates. Since they make sense only to the driver, and he can't see it while driving, what's the point?

Adam said...

Pizza places had a very constant struggle to get more of people's dough many years back. We have more than pizza guys; wings, subs, hamburgers, fried lobster you name it.

Birgit said...

Maybe the license plate is from James brown and means I love 2 chicks? He loved more than just 2. My hubby and I have been behind the strange license plates and wonder why anyone decides to spend extra money to have something stupid. I saw the new Domino's commercials and was trying to figure what the change was-thank you. I am so glad they used money for something solid like that. Their spending habits has given me a great sigh of relief. I know of an older lady who always greats me with a "Hi-hi". I say the same thing back to her. Now she does have dementia so does that matter? Hmm the whole Domino's Pizza thing has made me very whelmed.

Andrea said...

I think it is funny that they also call them vanity plates..like a dig almost to those who get them.

Baby Sister said...

I say "h-hello" all the time. It's the new in saying. Get with the times. Sheesh. ;)