Thursday, May 13, 2010

Retro Post: If I had a nickel...

... for every time someone thought that my tattoo was “spider-man”, I would have enough money to get another tattoo under it that says “this is not spider-man, do not ask if it is.” Well I guess I can’t be surprised about it, the general population is uneducated on superhero/comic book symbols and knowledge. I’m seriously considering getting a tattoo on my other arm of the spider-man spider just so I can have visual evidence of the differences between them all the time.
My ink is the logo from the band COLD, unfortunately they have broken up. I didn’t do it for the band, I’m not a die hard fan (If you're thinking Bruce Willis, I love the movie). I got the tattoo because I liked the spider and figured not many people knew of the band. Also in 20 years when no one remembers the band it will just be a kick ass arachnid.
In truth my favorite band is Green Day but I wouldn’t get a tattoo of them for that reason, that’s dumb. I get pretty peeved when people such as u, probably, think my tat is Tobey Maguire’s secret identity. I’d compare it to asking a fat woman if she is pregnant, you never get a good reaction out of that question.
So for all of u folks that haven’t seen the movie, read the comics or watched the cartoon, it’s time to learn some useless knowledge. I mean right now or the next time someone is gonna get punched in the baby maker.

5 comments:

m. said...

i loveloveloevlove green day.

Copyboy said...

Have to catch some of Cold's stuff. Seeing as you have a tat and all.

TS Hendrik said...

*guarding sensitive areas*
So... Your tattoo is Spiderman?

Cheeseboy said...

I am fairly well versed in music, but I have not heard of Cold. I'll have to check them out.

I like your tattoo. It doesn't remind me of Spiderman.

California Keys said...

So.... You're in New York.... I know you're not in the city.... But are you going to take a trip into town to see 'American Idiot' the Green Day Musical?