Friday, May 21, 2010

The Movie Game Answers & Winner


CONGRATULATIONS
to Nippy the Penguin for winning The Movie Game Contest with a final score of 91 points!! No one came close to beating him. He truly knows too much about movies. His prize for winning is he gets to make his own questions for next week's movie game which means I can finally play. He will be guest posting next Wednesday's Movie Game. After that I am going to hold off on the next series for a couple of weeks. I think everyone's brain is fried from thinking too much.

Here are the final standings:

1. Nippy the Penguin........91
2. Jerry.............................. 71
3. Guilty of Gossip..............49
4. Asblackasobama............37
5. Geof.................................21
6. Janet................................ 11
7. T.S.....................................10
8. Copyboy............................8
9. Sabastian.......................... 6
10. Sara....................................3
11. Golden Girl.......................3
12. Lisa Marie........................1

Congrats to Nippy again for guessing the closest to my DVD collection amount. He guessed 150.
Congrats to Guilty of Gossip for guessing the first DVD I bought.
Nobody guessed correctly on what movie I saw twice in the theater. Everyone guessed The Matrix.
Here are the answers.


Easy - Link: Analyze This & There's Something About Mary
Meet the Parents/Meet the Fockers (Robert DeNiro & Ben Stiller)

Medium - Link: Men in Black & Me, Myself & Irene
Shark Tale (Will Smith & Renee Zellweger) or Batman Forever (Tommy Lee Jones & Jim Carrey)

Hard - Link: The Monster Squad & Office Space
Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Gries & Diedrich Bader) There are also a few other correct answers.

Challenge - Link: The Mask of Zorro & Step Brothers & Deja Vu
Philadelphia (Antonio Banderas, Mary Steenburgen & Denzel Washington)

Bonus: What movie with Keanu Reeves is the only movie I have ever saw twice in the theater? (worth 5 points) The Matrix Reloaded

How many DVD's do I own?
Hint: between 1 & 1000, whoever comes closest gets the points (worth 7 points)
Between 140 & 150

What 1987 movie was the first DVD I bought? (worth 10 points)
Spaceballs

See you again next week.

5 comments:

Bernadine said...

Ok so I've guessed all three of the last questions wrong... bummer. Oh well I guess I'm not cut out for movie games. :)

Enjoy your weekend. :)

Guilty of Gossip said...

that is so crazy that i guessed your first dvd! but its a great one to own for sure! haha

Copyboy said...

Watch T.S.!!! You're next on my list!!!

California Keys said...

Ever have one of those nights, where you think.... 'I'm going to lay down for a second to get my son to sleep, then get up and play the Movie Trivia game'? And then you fall asleep too?

It's ok.... Nippy would have won anyway, even if I got every answer right....

The Man-Cave said...

I couldn't figure out Philadelphia and that is where I f'n live. Go figure!