Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Only 800 Days 'til the Big Day

It has come to my attention that I haven't written about Nicole in awhile. Actually, Nicole brought it to my attention (several times). To be honest, she doesn't like that I blog, she thinks it's a waste of time. I can understand that coming from an outsider that doesn't understand the great blogosphere and the people that inhabit it. Now don't judge her, she is just looking out for my best interest. To compensate for her basically hating blogging, I write nice things about her and us to make her happy. And that's all that really matters right, making the little lady happy? I don't force any posts, I write from the heart.

I haven't talked about wedding stuff in awhile since we booked our venue because there hasn't been much to update. Well there was one eventful thing that happened a little after we found our place to wed. Now what I am about to tell you is top secret (I understand posting something top secret on the Internet isn't a brilliant idea but who are you to judge?). Don't tell Nicole's grandma what I am about to tell you, she might get upset and she is Italian and has threatened me before.

Nicole values my opinion about her appearance so naturally she wanted me to go dress browsing with her. She wants to look her best for me (which should be no problem cuz she does it already) so she would like to know what designs I fancy. We took a trip to David's Bridal to try on some dresses. Let me rephrase that, we went to David's Bridal so Nicole could try on some dresses. I prefer to cross dress privately so no one judges me. I look best in a backless dress with a 3 inch heel, but that's a story for another post.

Nicole makes it easy for the lady working there by bringing in pictures of the dresses she wants to try on. At this point I am both excited and anxious. I want to see her all dressed up in a wedding dress but I also know that the groom isn't suppose to see the bride in her dress before the actual ceremony. The lady working there, let's call her Rita, told us that most brides-to-be try on many dresses and they never tell the grooms-to-be which one they would pick. So even though I will see Nicole in wedding dresses, chances are I won't know which one she picks (if any from the selection) or remember them in general.

The first dress she tried on looked absolutely stunning on her. It gave her a nice shape, accented her features and had what she was looking for in a dress. I remember her looking beautiful in it but I can't remember what the dress actually looked like. I guess Rita was right. I know it had a corset-looking back with crossing straps, it was strapless and had some bling to it. It also perked up her boobies. Yay for boobies!! Sorry I lost my concentration. Where was I?

I liked most of the dresses she tried on. Some weren't my cup of tea but she didn't really like those ones either so it was all good. I got really excited seeing her in wedding dresses. If she looked great in an untailored, unfitted dress I can just imagine what she will look like walking down the aisle. She is going to look fabulous. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. I am going to need tissues in my pockets cuz my palms are going to be all sweaty. I want to see her in more dresses but it's probably better than I only go the one time, I don't want to spoil anything.

The new gardens at Anthony's Pier Nine (our wedding venue) are either finished or are almost finished. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I won't even notice them on the big day because my eyes will be locked on my gorgeous sweetheart.

9 comments:

The Man-Cave said...

That is good you went dress browsing with her. My wife forbid me to know anything about her dress. One time I joked with her that I snuck on her camera and saw the saved pics of the dress and laser rays shot out of her eyes and at my head. Haha not literally but might as well have happened.

And another thing you brought up: I agree that some people don't "get" blogging, but I used to be like that until I got involved. It is one of the best things I could have ever done.

800 days seems like a lifetime I bet, but it will be here before you know it.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You could always try her dress on when she brings in home - since you only cross dress in private. I just thought I'd give you something else to look forward to.
xoRobyn

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

800 days? Dude, by that time, you won't even recall going dress shopping with her! And I think I was present when my wife selected her dress. Oh well!

Copyboy said...

Wow! You are lucky. I never even had an inkling of what my wife was wearing until she walked down the aisle...And even then I was clueless.

Marlene said...

Aww...you're so sweet to accompany her to her dress shopping trip.

(And I'm laughing my ass off at copyboy's comment...sorry!)

Cheeseboy said...

Oh, it won't end when you're married. The only thing that allows me to continue blogging is my occasional wife post.

Chuck said...

Do you wear your helmet with the backless dress or go "noggin comando"?

Teachinfourth said...

Blogging isn't a waste of time, it's a…personal history of one's eccentric life. Blog away, my friend, blog away.

Pat Tillett said...

Blogging is good
TV is bad
Unless you can blog while watching

I'm glad you are helping out with the wedding stuff. You give us a good name. I'd fake an injury or illness to get out of it.

I hope your wife appreciates that you are excited about it...that's really good!