Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Trivia Corner #6 Answers

Congrats to Geof and Marlene for scoring the most points this round. Nobody, including Pat, scored a perfect score. Pat is still the leader on the board but Baygirl32 is right on his trail. A few people have switched spots too.

1) In what city was celebrity socialite Paris Hilton born? (1 point)

a) New York City, NY
b) Los Angeles, California
c) Rome, Italy
d) Dublin, Ohio
e) Paris, France

2) What country is the top producer of Brazil nuts? (2 points)

Bolivia. It has outproduced former leader Brazil since 1999.

3) Chemically speaking, what is sublimation? (3 points)

When a solid changes into a gas without becoming a liquid first.

4) What American canned food product did Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev credit with saving his army from starvation during WWII? (4 points)

Spam

5) What is the primary source of the earth's oxygen? (5 points)

Algae

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Holy crap - I was totally guessing on that SPAM answer....even though I was pretty sure I had some of the others right. Bolivia, huh? Who knew?

Thanks for the fun quizzes! I'm shocked Pat didn't get them all.....ok, so now I'm starting to believe he's really human afterall. ;)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That is too funny. I was totally guessing and joshing about spam - like Marlene. Unlike Marlene, I knew I didn't get any of the others right, except trees. Teacher, the last answer would be trees, not algae. I'll shut up, I'm glad I got spam. It's not bad with chocolate.
xoRobyn