You better go eat your frosted mini wheats before you read today's trivia. Now, attack!!
I will email everybody in my blog contact list the questions every Monday morning. If you don't get these emails and want to, please leave a comment with your email.
There will be 2 winners this series. The first place winner will get to choose whether they would like to guest post here on 'Just the Cheese' or have me write a post just about them and their blog. The second place winner will receive what the first place winner doesn't pick.
RULES: The rules are very simple. Try not to use the Internet, these questions are to test your knowledge of useless information. Please DO NOT leave your answers in a comment. Let everyone playing have a fair shot at answering them. I WILL ONLY accept answers in the form of an email. Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's have some fun out there.
1) In the world of professional hockey, what first was recorded by St. Louis Eagles defenseman Ralph "Scotty" Bowman on November 13, 1934? (1 point)
a) Penalized for high-sticking
b) Scored first goal on a penalty shot
c) Started the first fight
d) Scored 3 goals in one game
e) Mooned the ref
2) On TV's popular animated sitcom The Simpsons, what is the first and last name of Bart's elementary school teacher? (2 points)
3) Of the 12 stocks included in the original Dow Jones Industrial Average in 1896, which is the only one still listed today? (3 points)
4) What TV sex therapist, as a teenager, served as a sniper for the Israeli underground? (4 points)
5) What famous philosopher-poet was the first American to successfully combine clay with graphite to create a modern lead pencil? (5 points)
Answers will post tomorrow morning.