I thought these were some tougher questions but I guess I was wrong because Pat, Baygirl32, Chuck and Nippy got perfect scores. Pat is in the lead but by only a small margin. Chuck and Baygirl32 are right on his tail.
Here are the answers:
1) In the world of professional hockey, what first was recorded by St. Louis Eagles defenseman Ralph "Scotty" Bowman on November 13, 1934? (1 point)
a) Penalized for high-sticking
b) Scored first goal on a penalty shot
c) Started the first fight
d) Scored 3 goals in one game
e) Mooned the ref
2) On TV's popular animated sitcom The Simpsons, what is the first and last name of Bart's elementary school teacher? (2 points)
3) Of the 12 stocks included in the original Dow Jones Industrial Average in 1896, which is the only one still listed today? (3 points)
4) What TV sex therapist, as a teenager, served as a sniper for the Israeli underground? (4 points)
German-born Ruth Westheimer, aka Dr. Ruth. Orphaned during the Holocaust, she moved to the British Mandate of Palestine after WWII and was trained as a sniper by the Haganah paramilitary defense force.
5) What famous philosopher-poet was the first American to successfully combine clay with graphite to create a modern lead pencil? (5 points)
Henry David Thoreau, whose father , John, operated a pencil factory.