Monday, August 30, 2010

Hodgepodge of Things: The Movie Game Winner & Monday Minute

I want to congratulate Janet Gonzalez, aka Passionofthemom from Something to Talk About for winning this series of The Movie Game. She pretty much got every question right. She has the memory of an elephant and probably watches movies in her sleep. I hate to admit it but I think she knows more about movies than I do. I am ashamed to call myself a movie buff. Her prize for being awesome is she gets to guest post a movie game of her own on Wednesday. Now I know a lot of you don't participate in the movie game but you should still come by on Wednesday and show her some comment love. If you don't I will hunt you down and make you eat a whole bottle of cinnamon.

I am putting the movie game on temporary hiatus for right now. It was a lot of fun to do but my brain is fried from thinking up questions. Also not enough people play it right now. What's up with that people? Go watch some movies, dammit!!

Here are last week's answers and the final movie game standings.

Easy - Link: Secret Window & Blood Diamond (1 point)
What's Eating Gilbert Grape (Johnny Depp & Leonardo Dicaprio)

Medium - Link: Man of the Year & Ella Enchanted ( 2 points)
Good Will Hunting (Robin WIlliams & Minnie Driver)

Hard - Link:Boat Trip & Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (3 points)
Booty Call or Juwanna Mann (Tommy Davidson & Vivica A. Fox)

Challenge - Link: Suspect & The Rainmaker & Miracle on 34th Street (1994) (5 points)
The Russia House (Jonn Mahoney, Roy Scheider & J.T. Walsh


Link: Ray Romano to Eric Stoltz
Ray Romano in Ice Age with John Leguizamo, who was in Honeymooners with Eric Stoltz

Link: Tom Arnold to Penelope Cruz
Tom Arnold was in Animal Factory with Steve Buscemi who was in G-Force with Penelope Cruz

1.Passionofthemom............... 173
2.
Baygirl32 ............................. 138
3. Nippy.................................. 68
4.
Geof..................................... 35
5.
Alex Cavanaugh.................. 27
6. Pat ....................................... 2







Who was your high school Sweet Heart?

Betty White. She used to be a lunch lady at my school. She is a wild woman. Alas, it only lasted 2 months. She fell in love with the janitor.

What is your favorite vegetable to eat?

The Jolly Green Giant once touched me inappropriately and I haven't been able to eat a piece of broccoli since.


Do you plan on dressing up for Halloween, if yes, what do you have in mind?

Since I dress up every day as Powdered Toast Man, I do things backwards on Halloween and walk around in my birthday suit.

Are you a reality show junkie? If so, what is your guilty pleasure?

Reality shows are weak. Try doing 3 hits of X and watch your cat and dog put on a rendition of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. That shit is reality for you.

and finally

What year did you graduate high school?

I never went to school. My mom taught me every subject while I was in the womb. I came out knowing calculus and Einstein's theory of relativity.

Make sure you stop by tomorrow for the first semi-final round of the Cereal Mascot Battle. I have a special guest helping out.

I was also featured as the Saturday Supahstah on Mother of Pearl it is. Go check out my kick-ass interview HERE

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The Jolly Green Giant is such a pervert!

Baby Sister said...

Lucky. I wish I had never had to go to school...

baygirl32 said...

Congrats on winning the movie game!

Anonymous said...

I have heard such nasty things about the Jolly Green Giant.

Marlene said...

Your answer to #5 is the most believable!

Daisygirl said...

K you always crack me up!!!! Birthday suit for a costume will be awesome!!!

Pat Tillett said...

Congrats to Janet!!!

Also, great monday minute answers!

Cheeseboy said...

The Jolly Green Giant is jolly for a reason.

Marnie said...

The Jolly Green Giant...I still swear he smokes something strong in cartoon land.

m. said...

betty white gave me nightmares.

Sylvia Plathypus said...

LMAO Thanks for the props and all that jazz!! I'm still giggling about the thought of people being forced to eat an entire bottle of cinnamon...xD Your MM answers were hysterical, too! Your mom must be quite the talent, to be able to teach you in the womb like that before the advent of Your Baby Can Read. LOL ;) Take it easy, and I shall see ya' on Wednesday!!