Thursday, August 12, 2010

Weird Laws: Part NiNe

Here is the next installment of Weird laws of the United States. I wonder how many of them are still enforced today?

VIRGINIA

Radar detectors are illegal. My grandma isn't allowed in Virginia, she can smell radar from a mile away.

With the exception of raccoons it is illegal to hunt any animal on Sunday. It's because all the raccoons are Atheists.

WASHINGTON

It is illegal to spit on a bus. Even if I bring my spittoon with me?

It is illegal to use X-Rays to fit shoes. Ummm...... why?

WEST VIRGINIA

It is illegal to wear a hat inside a theater. But I just got a new stovepipe hat and I was planning on wearing it out.

If you curse in public you will be fined $1 for each offense. Can I pay ahead of time and use my curses throughout the year like a prepaid gift card?

WISCONSIN

It is illegal to serve margarine at a restaurant unless the customer requests it. I am usually only in the mood for margarine when I dine out anyway.

It is illegal to wave a burning torch around in the air. I guess the Olympics aren't ever going to Wisconsin. What do the angry mobs carry?

WYOMING

It is illegal to fish with a firearm. I find that my rocket launcher scares away the fish.

It is illegal to ski while drunk. I'm so self conscious about my skiing when I'm sober, damn you Wyoming!!

ALABAMA

It is illegal to train a bear for wrestling, or to promote bear wrestling. "Okay, I want a good, clean fight. No using your claws, no biting and try not to poop in the ring."

It is illegal to pretend to be a clergyman. But I have my Pope costume all ready for Halloween and I tricked out my car to look like the Pope Mobile too. All that work down the drain.


Go vote on the Battle of the Cereal Mascots: Round 2. Click
HERE.

18 comments:

Farmers Wifey said...

I can't decide if I want to visit Alabama or Wyoming..when I was in the USA I went to about 27 states and I didn't get to these two...
And I really wanted to fish with my Magnum...

TS Hendrik said...

Now wait, is it illegal to spit while on a bus or is it illegal spit onto a bus?

Debbie said...

I always love these crazy laws. Although I do think the radar detector one is still valid in VA!

Teachinfourth said...

Man alive. What in the world were they thinking when…wait, I already know. Unfortunately, they wouldn't have to make up stupid laws such as these unless there were people out there dumb enough to have already been doing it…

The things people won't try out.

Don't Forget This said...

¡Hola! Estoy embarcada en nuevo proyecto cuyo objetivo es hacer llegar mensajes directos y simples a personas que caminen por la calle. En unos días comenzaré a publicar y podrás averiguar de qué se trata. Espero que me sigas si te parece una idea interesante.
¡Muchas gracias!
@Don't Forget This (You Should Remember)

Hart Johnson said...

X-Rays for shoes? Who on earth would ever even THINK of that? They must have had a tragic X-ray incident at Nordstrom or something.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Man, those Wisonsonians have no fun. I can't imagine not being able to swing my burning torch around. What's left to do for fun?
xoRobyn

Marlene said...

Thanks for the funnies! Did I miss an illegal in Pennsylvania law somewhere....or is everything legal here?! HA! PARTY TIME!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Knew about the radar detectors in Virginia. They'd be in trouble in our state if they couldn't shoot the fish, though!

The Invisible Seductress said...

It's good to know that about the raccoons. I always knew they had religious secrets.

Pat Tillett said...

I know things have changed a lot, but it's good to see that people were just as stupid back in the day, as they are now!

great post!

Pat Tillett said...

oh yeah, by the way...
I posted the answer to your question several days ago....

Cheeseboy said...

No Utah this time?! I am always so disappointed when our beloved state doesn't make the list.

Now, I'm off to train my bear. It's totally legal here.

Nippy The Penguin said...

haha amusing as always .

m. said...

Hrm, yes.
Rather concerning.

Shell said...

But it would be fun to fish with a gun...

Marnie said...

These are great, especially the raccoons.

Arlee Bird said...

I used to use a radar dectector all the time when I was travelling a lot. I'd always put it away in the states where they weren't legal. I think VA is not the only one. I haven't used my radar decector in at least 20 years. I wonder what happened to it anyway?

Lee
Tossing It Out