Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Seeing Red...



Movies are one of my biggest hobbies. They suck me into the story and I have a really good feeling after watching a great movie. I think I'm almost obsessed with movies to the point where it's all I think about sometimes. I have a pretty big DVD collection, about 140, and my Netflix queue has about 350. Sometimes I watch so many movies I forget what I just watched and I tend to rent it again by accident. I love movie trivia and movie board games like Scene-It. I'm also pretty unstoppable in the six degrees of Kevin Bacon game. I usually can do it in 3 or 4 moves. I have thought about becoming a director or something like that but I probably like watching the movie more than being involved in the making of it.
One of my favorite times of the day is when I see that red envelope in the mailbox. Netflix is one of the best ideas of my time. I get my movies within two days of shipping them back and it's relatively cheap, I get 3 movies at a time for $16.99. It's a hell of a lot better than renting them from Blockbuster or Hollywood Video, who the hell does that anymore? (The answer is morons.) I've had Netflix on and off since 2004. I just did it for the free trial but I got hooked and have never looked back. I can't get enough movies that I also rent some from the public library at 3 at a time for free. They actually have a big selection there, a few years ago they only had like 20 dvd's but they have added a whole bunch. It is getting to the point where there isn't much I haven't seen at the library and I am just taking out random movies nowadays.


I'm not sure what my goals or intentions are with all of this movie watching. I guess I'll be better at trivia and if someone needs to know about an actor from a certain movie. It's going to come in handy at some point, hopefully on a game show where I win big. I highly recommend joining Netflix ® Official Site if you are not already a member. We can be friends!!!

No comments: