Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Clint eastwood is my new hero

I am a big fan of Clint Eastwood nowadays. I never really knew much about him except that he was Dirty Harry and usually played a badass. I love Clint as a director, I think he does great work. He is also almost 80 flippin' years old. You got to respect that shit. He has directed 18 movies in the past 20 years and some of those years he directed more than one in the same year. Most big directors only come out with a movie every few years but Clint keeps plugging away.

I recently saw Changeling which was an excellent movie starring Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich which was directed by Clint and I didn't even know that until I saw the movie. Not only does he direct award winning films he also stars in most of them which has to be tough at his age. His past few movies he directed are amongst my favorites; Gran Torino, Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River. I'm still waiting to see Blood Work, it's in my Netflix queue somewhere. Clint has a new movie coming out in December it's called Invictus (2009) where he teams up with Morgan Freeman once again. Invictus is about the life of Nelson Mandela after apartheid in South Africa. Morgan Freeman plays Nelson Mandela and he has been waiting on this role for awhile. I love Morgan Freeman too, he's in everything but that's for another day. Matt Damon also stars in it as Francois Pienaar. I'm excited about it, it should be pretty good.

I just started to get into older movies that Clint directed and/or acted in. I recently watched In the Line of Fire and I have a few others sitting in my netflix queue. I love Clint Eastwood (mostly in a platonic and professional way) and I wish he wasn't reaching his 80's, he's making his best stuff now. Hopefully he will keep plugging away at what he does best before he kicks the bucket. If you like movies I highly recommend seeing some stuff by Clint Eastwood, it's pretty awesome.



Cl----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments: