Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally, another review....."Inglourious Basterds"

I saw Inglourious Basterds last Friday the 21st and I didn’t think to write a review right away. I must be slipping in my old age. I’ve been waiting for another Tarantino flick since his involvement in the Grindhouse double feature. I’ve seen almost all of his work except for Planet Terror which is on my Netflix queue. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are my favorites. Enough about me let’s get to the reviewing.

I didn’t know what to expect going into this film, the trailers only showed only so much which I prefer because sometimes they put to much in them and it ruins the movie. Inglourious Basterds was excellent and fun for the whole family, okay maybe not for the little ones, it is about a posse of Jews savagely killing Nazis. I give the movie 4 ½ stars, I would of gave it 5 stars but I thought there were a few too many subtitles and I don’t go to the movies to read that’s what your sister’s diary is for.

It was two and a half hours of pure Tarantino genius. It didn’t feel like a long movie though, the storyline flowed like a beer keg at a frat house. Brad Pitt was the only big named star besides two voice overs by Samuel L. Jackson and Harvey Keitel which didn’t surprise me. This masterpiece didn’t need big named actors in it. Pitt’s character was the leader of the Basterds and surprisingly he was pretty comical, didn’t expect humor in a movie about killin’ Nazis.
Even Nicole liked this movie and she doesn’t usually like the same movies I do. I asked her to write a review but she wanted some money for it, this is a non-profit blog, we work for free here. We are actually going to see Halloween II tonight, maybe I can persuade her to write something about Rob Zombie and Michael Myers.
Go see Inglourious Basterds, it’s worth the $10 and first born child. Don’t take my word for it though, I only watch movies as a hobby. If you see it and don’t particularly enjoy the movie, write down your complaint on a clean sheet of paper, fold it up, put it in a stamped envelope and then shove it up your ass.

No comments: