Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ice cream anyone?

In my marketing class back last semester we were talking about how companies come up with new ideas and how to brainstorm. My teacher told us to think of some new ice cream flavors, they didn’t have to be good just whatever pops into our heads. Some were good and others were peculiar, some one came up with chicken….mmm chicken ice cream. Some of the good flavors were champagne, martini, and pb&j. Now my idea was brilliant and everyone in class was crazy jealous. I’m not going to tell you the flavor I thought of because you might steal it and make millions. Yeah you probably think it’s stupid for me to talk about my idea if I’m not going to tell you what it actually is, well tough sh*t.

I thought about actually patenting the idea or copyrighting or whatever the correct terminology is for it. What sucks is doing something like that costs big bucks. Now what if I don’t have any money and want to invent something new, how am I suppose to make it happen? I have actually thought of a few good ideas for a new product or board game. I don’t know what to do with all these ideas. I’m worried if I wait too long someone is going to invent these things before I do. Some of them seem stupid but I’m sure most products were thought to be stupid at some point. If I had my own lawyer I would list some of my great ideas but you people would probably steal them from me cause you’re greedy bastards!!

There is a website for patenting and copyrighting if you are interested, legalzoom.com. I should pitch my ice cream flavor to Ben and Jerry, I could make millions!! I’m a one man think tank. I should really start writing down my ideas so I don’t forget them. If I only could trust you people with my soon to be money makers. Who else out there has thought up an idea for something but doesn’t know how to get the ball rolling? Well I don’t know either so don’t ask my advice. I feel like I have all these great ideas and can’t do anything with them.

I don't remember what the point of all this rambling was, I just needed to vent about it. You probably want the last few minutes of your life back, well invent the flux capacitor and travel back in time or to the future. First ask Christopher Lloyd if he still has his before you waste your time on yours.

No comments: