Sunday, August 16, 2009

G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra Review

First let me start off by saying Hi to all of Powdered Toast Man's avid readers , now that's outta the way we can get on to the review. Now I went into the theater skeptical about this particular movie , I had a feeling Hollywood had raped a part of my childhood with all the rumors I had heard about GI Joe. That said I was pleasantly surprised to find that the movie was actually a very good action flick with a nice new spin on the characters from my youth. Some of the purists may hate parts of the movie for not sticking to established lore and mythos of the characters, but I felt they did the best they could considering just about everyone's back story originated in the Vietnam War in the original series and there is no way that could hold true in a modern day retelling. The Characters are well written even Marlon Wayans was tolerable in this movie although I did find myself rooting for Cobra when it seemed there was a chance his character could be killed off. I would highly recomend going to see this movie especially if you grew up in the 80's watching the cartoon or reading the comics its a great homage to the past with only a few cringe worthy changes to characters , but overall should not ruin the experience.

There are already talks of a sequel going forward after the films first week hopefully that means more characters the fans want to see and not more of Marlon Im here to make you laugh by making an ass of myself Wayans, Characters like Beachhead, Stalker, Shipwreck, Dusty and Gung Ho or perhaps even Road Block. Until next time this is Nippy the Penguin saying go see this flick cuz its actually good , and now you know and knowing is half the Battle! YO JOE!

No comments: