Wednesday, March 3, 2010

House Hunting

My new favorite show to watch is 'House Hunters' on the Home and Garden channel (HGTV). The show has a very basic premise, either a couple or a single person is looking for a house, apartment, or condo to purchase and move into. The buyers usually look at a lot of homes before making their final decision but HGTV only shows you the 3 best selections.

The reason I like this show is because I picture buying my first house with my fiance Nicole. Hopefully, by that time it will by Mrs. Scully. Right now we are still both living at home trying to find a way to live together. The problem is I don't have a good paying job for us to afford an apartment so we are stuck in limbo for the time being. We have been engaged for 4 months already and I all I want is to be able to come home from work or school and be with her at our own place. Preferably to some dinner.

I did move out at one point but it was with the wrong person, things didn't work out and I had to move back home for financial reasons. It has been over 2 years since I moved back home and it's time to leave again, with Nicole at my side of course. One of the things I hate the most about not living together is falling asleep together at night just to wake up in an hour or two to go home. I can't wait til the time when we can fall asleep together in our own bed and wake up together in our own bed.

Watching 'House Hunters' gets me excited about our future but it also makes me kind of sad because I can't have that just yet. I would love to be able to buy a house instead of moving into an apartment, it's definitely more cost efficient but that takes time and saving. We need to get an apartment first just so we can get out of our parents' houses and start our future.

My ultimate goal is to make Nicole happy. To be able to provide for her, support her and give her the life she wants. I would do anything to be able to get a place with her right now. We already bought some dishes, glasses and towels for the place we don't have yet. I can just imagine the look in her eyes when I can make our dreams come true.

This stupid recession is putting a damper on our plans. Damn you George Bush!!

2 comments:

California Keys said...

You've should wait for a bit.... Trying to get money from banks now is like pulling teeth!

I Think It's Interesting

Kitty Moore said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Nicole but you already have the best thing ever; each other.