Monday, August 22, 2011

Weird Laws: Part 14

Another installment of weird laws of the U.S.

MONTANA

It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail. No husband wants her wife finding out that he has fallen in love with a gay cowboy.

It is a misdemeanor to show movies that depict acts of felonious crime. I didn't even know felonious was a word.

In Whitehall, it is illegal to operate a vehicle with ice picks attached to the wheels. How am I suppose compete in a death race?

NEVADA

In Nyala, a man is forbidden from buying drinks for more than three people other than him at any one period during the day. Who is keeping track of everyone's drink? Is that a high paying job?

It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway. It's because they can't reach the minimum speed of 40 mph.

In Eureka, men who wear mustaches are forbidden from kissing women. I found wear homosexuality got started.

NEW HAMPSHIRE

It is illegal to sell the clothes one is wearing to pay off a gambling debt. Dirty underwear has a low resale value.

It is illegal to check into a hotel under an assumed name. How else is a politician going to get way with cheating on his wife with a hooker?

It is illegal to pick seaweed up off of the beach. That is the lifeguard's job when he isn't gawking at young girls in bikinis.

NEW JERSEY

It is against the law to frown at a police officer. Frowning is the police officer's kryptonite, not many people know that.

In Newark, it is illegal to sell ice cream after 6 pm unless the customer has a note from his/her doctor. Who? Dr. Pepper?

It is illegal to slurp soup. No note from your dentist is going to get you out of this one.

19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Illegal to sell ice cream after six? Really?
Still chuckling over the gay cowboy thing...

Marnie said...

Illegal to slurp soup...bwahahaaaa! I would love to see that explained to the judge :0)

Birgit said...

I love these..There used to be a Canadian show from the 70's that I think only my brother and I watched called "This is the Law" or something like that. They had a host and 3 panelists who would watch a skit and it always ended up someone got arrested. The panelists would have to figure out what the crime was. it was always some very archaic old law. I loved that show...hmmmm what the hell does that say

Bossy Betty said...

All of these laws make perfect sense to me. We need more like them.

Bart said...

and you guys call that the land of the free...

A Beer for the Shower said...

Montana made me laugh out loud. Nicely done, my friend. Finally, a reason to move to the Big Sky Country...

TS Hendrik said...

If I want ice picks on my wheels, I'm going to have ice picks on my wheels. And yes, I will still demand sympathy when all my tires inevitably blow out.

Copyboy said...

And yet it's the first stop in the presidential race. How odd and tough for some candidates.

W.C.Camp said...

Wow the ice pick one had me kind of curious of how that one started - must be a good story there? Wow if slurping soup and frowning at a cop are illegal, I would hate to see what the penalty is for expelling gas is! W.C.C.

Anonymous said...

LMAO! These are hysterical. Good thing I don't reside in any of these places. What ever would I do with my camel?

Ms. A said...

I always LOVE these!

Chuck said...

I have relatives that live IN New Hampshire. I need to remember those next time I visit coz I love picking seaweed off the beach!

The Empress said...

No ice cream after 6pm in Jersey? Screw that!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Can I go off-roading with my camel in NV?
xoRobyn

Anonymous said...

What? No ice picks on wheels in Montana? That's bullshit.

Baby Sister said...

Seriously? First no camels, and then no ice cream after 6:00? That's just retarded...

DEZMOND said...

slurping soup should be illegal everywhere - in my kitchen especially!

JDC said...

How can you not frown at a police officer? Sounds like entrapment.

Pat Tillett said...

Love these things! I'm sure there was some type of need for each of these things at the moment they were enacted, but overall, it just proves that as a species, we are stupid...