Thursday, August 4, 2011

Forewords & Afterwords

 Each word in the two quotes below has been replaced with a word that comes right before it in the dictionary. What are the two related quotes?

1) "Hysterics plectrum allege tizzy thaw flaccid..."

2) "Nymphomania, saxophone, camshaft Yorkie sedulous..."

Answers (Just right click with your mouse to highlight)

1) "I pledge allegiance to the flag..."

2) "O, say, can you see..."

Each word in the two quotes below has been replaces with a word that comes right after it in the dictionary. What are the two related quotes?

1) "Young haven theater righteous toad remainder silhouette..."

2) "Theater truthful, theater wholehearted truthful, andante nothingness butane theater truthful."

Answers (Just right click with your mouse to highlight)

1) "You have the right to remain silent..."

2) "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing 
but the truth."

15 comments:

Jeff Beesler said...

Very clever, Cheese man. I would have fashioned my comment like how your post was made, but I'm running late for work. Next time, maybe?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry, it's still too early in the morning!!

Baby Sister said...

Ha!! I got one of them!! Finally!! :D

TS Hendrik said...

My head wasn't ready for this yet. It's too hot to think. haha

Ms. A said...

Have mercy on my brain!

Ting Kubby said...

i failed miserably

dirtycowgirl said...

*confused*

What is supposed to happen when I right click ?

Fuck sake I didn't join this blog in order to be set homework....

*puts on a hat with the letter D on it and goes to sit in corner*

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Right clicking doesn't work for me either, but I know the second two!

xoRobyn

Ante Babaja said...

i got one too :D im proud

DWei said...

This would be an interesting way to send messages in code.

Cheeseboy said...

Funny, I got it right! Only because I guessed.

Geojour said...

That is hilarious!

DWei said...

Ugh, I still suck at these. :\

Shockgrubz said...

I only got the last one. This entertained me. Thanks.

Pat Tillett said...

I'd need a dictionary to do these things. I'm not even sure than I still have one!