Monday, August 15, 2011

Just some ideas

I have some great ideas for movies that should be made.

Gremlins 3: The Newest Batch
The first two movies are cult classics and so original. I keep checking IMDb every now and then to see if someone is going to make it but nothing yet. The third installment of the Gremlins movies would take place at an amusement park at night. Billy (Zach Galligan) and Kate (Phoebe Cates) are back over 20 years later but now they have kids. One of the kids sneaks Gizmo into a backpack (even though they know better) and brings him to the park. Gizmo gets wet and the fun begins. I see Stripe and the Gremlins tying Gizmo to the front of a roller coaster to torture him. Maybe Hulk Hogan can be working one of the games like the strong man bell. I'm sure this one wouldn't be a blockbuster hit but I think it would be awesome to see anther Gremlins get made. Who's with me?

Jurassic Park IV
This one keeps getting announced and canceled. Speilberg needs to lock down that script. The first one was awesome, the sequel was pretty good but the third one sucked ass. A fourth one needs to be done to save the franchise. I read somewhere that Joe Johnston (the director of Jurassic Park III) said that Jurassic Park IV would be the start of a new trilogy. If this is true then they have to go in a whole new direction. There are only so many times they can go back to those islands. There aren't any movies that come close to Jurassic Park and I just want to see some more dinosaurs.

Backwards Trilogy
A trilogy that starts with the third movie and works backwards with two prequels. Has this been done before? Would this confuse people?

Back to the Future 4
Christopher Lloyd isn't dead yet and they can find someone to replace Michael J Fox. I'm sure Emmett Brown can find a new protege. I just love time traveling movies. I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as the original trilogy and I am sure someone already tossed this idea around in their head.

Alice in Wonderland Prequel/Sequel
I am sure Tim Burton already has this up his sleeve. I liked Alice in Wonderland but felt he could of expanded on the story.

I know I had some more but I can't think of them right now. I will have to do a sequel to this post in the future.

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The first one sounds good! I'd pay to see Gizmo tied to a roller coaster.

Birgit said...

I just love movies so here are some of my pics...."Orson Welles-How he lived his life backwards" He begand his film career with Citizen Kane, young, fit and handsome married to rita hayworth and ended obese without Rita and doing wine commercials...um I guess it would be a biography. Another.."Alice in Wonderland meets Sweeney Todd". A wonderful musical horror romp starring Johhny Depp and Helena Bohmen Carter and "Star Trek: The Alzheimer Generation" where they wander aimlessly around the galaxy forgetting whom they met 5 minutes before...I know the last one is just sick

Anonymous said...

I could use another Jurassic Park movie. Or three.

BB said...

Your take on a new Gremlins actually sounds like it would be darn good. Better than the last one for sure. I'm all for another Back to the Future and I think Michael J. Fox could still be in it along with Christopher Lloyd except their the old folks and their offspring has to time travel. Hey, it's an idea right? Great post as usual!!

Baby Sister said...

Jurassic Park could be cool. As well as Alice in Wonderland. A lot of stuff got left out from the book on that one.

Ms. A said...

I think Barb's idea sounds great!

Pat Tillett said...

Your take on Gremlins 3 could be pretty good. I can just imagine the chaos that would take place at an amusement park.

I would LOVE a good new JP movie.

I think Kill Bill could easily have been watched backwards. QT usually gives us the answer before telling us the questions anyway.

Back to the Future. Nah...

Alice in WL prequel/sequel would be great (as long as Burton supplies the LSD).

Jeff Beesler said...

If I remember correctly, Star Wars ended up being a backwards series. Oh, wait, the manner in which the Phantom Menace and latter movies was presented seemed backwards to me.

Copyboy said...

You know I think the cancelled has turned into a yellow light that might be a green light for JP.

Arlee Bird said...

I up for another Back to the Future film. I'm always up for time travel.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Ting Kubby said...

Dunno about a new Back to the future but i would definitely watch Gremlins 3 if they made it.