Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet 'N' Greet

About 2 weeks ago, Nicole and I went to a tasting at the venue where we are getting hitched. If you follow
"... and the pickles" you might of read what she wrote on it. She had covered mostly what food was there and how it tasted, it definitely made me hungry and wanting to go back for more grub. I am not writing this post to repeat what Nicole had written about. I am here to cover something that she did not talk about.

We were seated with two other couples at our dinner table. Paul & Vanessa were a couple in their late 20's that are getting married this October. Peter & Donna were the parents of a bride that was getting married in September. They were awesome people. We definitely had the 'funnest' table at the tasting. There were about 80-100 people there total. We all just clicked and were laughing the whole time. The food was delicious and all but it was these two couples that made my night. I love meeting people that you can just connect with right away. It turns out that we were at the same Bridal Show in February that Paul & Vanessa attended. In fact Vanessa had said that she recognized Nicole and Nicole said she recognized Paul. I think his name was Paul, I can't remember, it doesn't really matter now.

So the night was fantastic, we were the last table to leave and we exchanged hugs and handshakes. What sucks is that we will probably never see them again. We didn't get their last names and we didn't exchange numbers. The only thing I do know is that they are getting married October 21st of this year at the same venue we are, I know what town they live in and I know the name of the band that Paul is in. I just tried searching for his band's website and I can't find it. The best shot we have to see them again is crashing their wedding. I've had this happen a few times were I have met people or a person that I've liked but never see them again.

Has anything like this ever happen to you?

15 comments:

W.C.Camp said...

Yes this has happened at hotels when I am traveling. I have even had odd temporary connections with people like my 'DOCTOR'. It's great when you just connect with someone so you probably should pursue the relationship in an appropriate way. I think you have enough information to nail down a last name and city location without a full-on crashing of their wedding. That is not a big deal anyway especially if you are picking up an 'announcement card' or other clues to help you with your future contact. Just don't show up with fork in hand at the reception - that might not be a good way to start a long-term relationship! Interesting post! W.C.C.

Unknown said...

Shoulda exchanged numbers! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You can always ask the venue for their names.

Birgit said...

Yes it has happened to me and I could kick myself later for not getting their full names so we could converse even if they lived on the other side of the planet...the wonders of e-mails, mail, phone etc... but, alas, I never got their names. I wonder if you called the function you were at if they could give you the names? You could also call the wedding venue and ask there or even the newspaper for engagement announcements. Hopefully they on;t think you are a freaky stalker:))) Good luck!

Toyin O. said...

Yes, this actually happens to me all the time, I am always meeting interesting people. Congrats on the wedding.

Copyboy said...

Yeah on our honeymoon the wife and I met a nice couple from NY that we never got their last name.

LoneIslander said...

Never happened to me, because I never experience stuff like this.

Sylar said...

nice post :P

Ms. A said...

My Grandmother used to meet people and strike up conversations while traveling and ended up being lifelong friends.

Chuck said...

Actually I've had the opposite happen. We've met people that were horrid to be around...then kept running into them everywhere. Funny how the world works!

Baby Sister said...

I can't think of a specific instance...but I'm sure it has happened in the past. I know it would bug me and I would be trying to find them on any sort of internet thing for a long time to come...

tracirz said...

synchronicity, man
sounds like a fun time though, i'm totally jealous ^_~

DWei said...

Not really, I make an effort to get the names and a way to contact the people I like.

DEZMOND said...

congrats on getting hitched!

Pat Tillett said...

It sounds like things are rolling right along. I had something like that happen just lately.