Saturday, October 17, 2009

Paranormal Activity

Holy crap!! That movie gave me the heebie jeebies. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I went to see Paranormal Activity last night. I didn't know anything about it, my girlfriend Nicole wanted to see this flick. The closest theater it was playing in was at the Poughkeepsie Galleria, so we took the road trip up route 9. First we stopped off at Chili's across the street for my some dinner. We took advantage of the new 3 courses for $20 deal. Well worth it, I got the Cajun chicken pasta, which was delicious and Nicole got the buffalo chicken ranch sandwich, also delicious. Always a good time at Chili's (Chili's plug, I want a free dinner now.)

The movie had a Blair Witch feel to it. It was shot on a handheld camera by this dude Micah, weird name, I thought so too. The movie was basically a random series of paranormal events over a span of 2-3 weeks that happened to this couple Katie and Micah. She was being stalked her whole life by this spirit or haunting and he wanted to have proof on tape. Half of me thinks it could be true and the other half thinks it's Hollywood bullshit.
It was set up to be a true events type story. It scared the hell out of me. I can't stop thinking about what took place in that movie. The scenes just keep flashing through my mind. I checked the backseat of my car before I got in it and once again before I started driving. I got the Ghostbusters on speed dial if anything should go down.

I didn't believe in demons and ghosts before but I think I do now. I want to talk about a scene or two but I don't want to ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it yet. I'd be pissed if someone spoiled the movie for me, I won't be a hypocrite.....this time.
It's not playing in all theaters so you might have to do some research. I definitely recommend this one if you want to almost shit your pants. Nicole had a ninja death grip of my arm because she was so frightened. I'm not going to sleep anytime soon............fucking demon ghosts!!

No comments: