Saturday, September 26, 2009

Surrogates review

Are there any students out there that use their student ID to get a discount at the movies? I am among those students. Once again the movie theater is trying to rape us with their so-called prices. For one the price for a student just went from $8 to $8.50 and now it's only valid Sunday through Thursday. That's right, you can't get a student discount on Fridays or Saturdays anymore folks. I, unfortunately had to learn this the hard way last night when I went to see Surrogates with Nicole.
This is an outrage!! I'm no longer going to the movies on Fridays, I am not paying full price anymore. I am organizing a worldwide boycott (well actually just the U.S.) of the theaters on Friday and Saturday, now who is with me? Anyone? Okay a one man boycott is not going to be as effective.

Enough ranting, I started this post to review Surrogates, let's get started.



I have been waiting for this movie for awhile, I saw the trailer for it like 3 months ago during Funny People I think. (If you haven't read my review of Funny People yet you should, it's my first post in August called Reviews you cant use .) No wait that's wrong, it was probably Public Enemies, I don't know, it's not important now. Any who, the film looked really cool and original and it had Bruce Willis in it (you can't go wrong with him.) I had high expectations for this one and it didn't quite meet them. The movie was good but it seemed like there was something missing, either it was too short or not enough action.


Is the future going to have robots that we control with our mind and go to work for us and do our errands? That would be awesome technology to have. However people would become a lot more lazy than they are now with their hover rounds and jazzys. In the movie 98% of the population used a surrogate. You never have to leave your house.....ever, it does everything for you. Even picks up the ladies for you and "entertains" them. Now you can get the basic model with just sight and sound or the fully loaded deal with all the senses, not too shabby. I wonder what the price tag on one of those bad boys is? I'm going to put a down payment on mine now....where did I put my checkbook?

I think my reviews are turning into crazy rants instead of actual reviews of the movies, whatever. I'm probably not going to get Roger Ebert's job anytime soon. You should still go see Surrogates anyway, it was very original and well because I said so, and that's good enough for me. I'm planning on seeing the new Michael Moore documentary/movie; Capitalism: A Love Story, so look forward to that review.

Next time you are at the concession stand at the theater order just the cheese, no nachos, just the cheese.

No comments: