Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weird Laws: Part 5

Here is the next installment of Weird Laws of the United States.

MAINE

In Biddeford it is illegal to gamble at an airport. Hey I bet you $500 that the 2 o'clock to St. Louis crashes in Nebraska.

In Freeport it is illegal to sell mercury thermometers. Where can I buy mercury if I wanted to make my own thermometer?

MARYLAND

In Rockville it is illegal to swim in public fountains. But bathing in them is okay, right?

In Cumberland it is illegal to swear on a playground. I drop so many F-bombs when I'm on the swings.

MASSACHUSETTS

It is illegal to serve beer to hospital patients. The children's wing parties to hard.

It is against the law for shooting ranges to have targets that look like humans. What am I going to do with all these 8 x 10's I have of George Bush?

MICHIGAN

It is illegal to sell cars on Sunday. Too many people weren't attending church so the priests, ministers and rabbis were picketing at General Motors.

It is illegal to be drunk on a train. That's the only way I will ride the trains.

MINNESOTA

It is illegal to loiter near any structure or vehicle without the consent of the owner. Hey dude, is it okay if I chill suspiciously around your car for like 2 hours?

In Minnetonka it is illegal to throw tacks, glass or nails onto a street or sidewalk. What about "National throw sharp objects onto the street or sidewalk day?"

MISSISSIPPI

It is illegal to seduce a woman by lying and promising to marry her. Every guy in Mississippi is screwed now.

I is illegal to teach someone what polygamy is. For those of you not familiar with polygamy, it is...... oops, I almost made a big mistake.

Go play The Movie Game if you didn't already. Also go vote on the Battle of the Game Show Hosts! Just scroll down to find them.

9 comments:

Bernadine said...

You have weird laws in America. :)

Ally said...

OK, I don't want to dirty up your blog, but have you ever seen the weird sex-related laws? Those are cray-zeee! Like how do they know what you're doing in the privacy of your own home?

FourthGradeNothing.com

Bernadine said...

Hi

I've received your comment. Thanks.

I live in South Africa. :)

Cheeseboy said...

Living in Utah, that polygamy should belong to US!

TS Hendrik said...

No one's going to tell me I can't go swimming in a public fountain. I know my rights.

Copyboy said...

So if I am naked, but I have soap, I'm safe. Right?

Me said...

Hahaha wow, some of those are insane!!Especially in Mississipi :P

Teachinfourth said...

Two years ago I had a few old students come to visit and we read over a bunch of these strange laws. Some of them made us laugh, I passed over others for obvious reasons. Thanks for sharing a few of the exceptionally odd items...

California Keys said...

Damn it! My wife is from Maryland, and I had a black guy on a playground call me the N word.... That counts a swearing, right? I could have had him arrested....