Congratulations to Chuck @ Apocalypse Now and Pat @ Pat Tillett for answering all the questions correctly. Honorable mentions to Baygirl, Marlene, RawknRobyn and Nippy for playing and scoring some points as well. Why didn't you play this round? Hmmm?
Here are the answer:
1) What is the name of the official magazine of the U.S. Navy? (1 point)
a) All Hands
b) The Poop Deck
c) You Sunk My Battleship
d) Anchor's Away
e) White Fleet
2) When it comes to medical shorthand. what do the abbreviations Dx, Hx, Sx and Tx represent? (1 point for each abbreviation)
Diagnosis, History, Symptoms and Treatment
3) Whose portrait appeared on the U.S.'s very first $5 bill? (3 points)
Alexander Hamilton. Appeared in the 1860's. He is now on the $10 bill.
4) Why did American planes drop bombs on Hawaii in December 1935 and April 1942? (4 points)
To divert the flow of lava from the erupting Mauna Loa Volcano.
5) What future Oscar-winning actor spoke his first movie lines - "Shall I call the cops? I'll call the cops - when he played a boardinghouse resident in The Graduate? (5 points)
Richard Dreyfuss. His part was uncredited.
Check the leader board to see where you stand. Tune in next Monday for some more random trivia. Thanks to everyone for playing.