Thursday, February 18, 2010

Some Cool Facts

A full-grown bear can run as fast as a horse. Why don't we have bears at the track? I'd watch some jockeys try to ride some bears.

There is more real lemon juice in Lemon Pledge furniture polish than in Country Time Lemonade. This is true, I just tasted some Pledge, very lemony.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. That's it, I'm cancelling my donkey ride to Disney World.

Mexico City is built on top of an underground reservoir. Does that mean it may become the lost city of Atlantis?

A roach can live up to nine days without it's head. Who found this out and why? Did they spend my hard earned tax money finding this out?

It takes about 63,000 trees to make the newsprint for the average Sunday edition of The New York Times. So The New York Times is to blame for deforestation. Who reads that whole thing anyway? I just like doing the jumble.

2 comments:

Kitty Moore said...

I shall have to drop some of those random facts into conversation!

California Keys said...

I have the urge to go taste lemon pledge now....

I bet that donkey thing has a lot to do with the Grand Canyon.... I'm not sure if they do it anymore, but they used to offer donkey rides in the Grand Canyon and sometimes people would fall.... I wonder how much their insurance policy cost them....