Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Simple Victories in Life


I love moments in life that feel like a small victory or make you feel really good for just a short bit of time. Something simple and maybe even silly that makes your day. These things make life just a little sweeter.


- Toasting your bread or bagel just the right amount

- Tying your tie the right length the first time

- A very satisfying sandwich for lunch

- Having exact change

- Getting a freebie from the vending machine

- Finding money in your pocket that you didn't know was there

- Having the hot girl in a tank top bend over near you

- Knowing the answer to the Jeopardy question when your partner didn't

- You didn't do your homework and the teacher forgets to collect it

- The feeling you get from trusting your instinct after you finish your meal out to dinner

- Finding something that you thought was lost

- Winning a prize playing a carnival/fair game  (I recently won, for the first time, that water gun game where you have to shoot inside the clown's mouth and be the first to ring your bell)

- Finishing your homework days early

- Paying less for something that you thought you knew the exact amount

- Remembering something that you were trying to figure out all day

- Realizing you are not Snooki or George Bush

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

First one at the light so you have a clear lane of traffic to gun it. (Or is that just me?)

Mark said...

These are actually some of the sweetest moments in life.

Al Penwasser said...

Similar to your comment about Snooki or George Bush:
Watching the mass of sweaty humanity strolling past you on the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore and thanking heaven you're not ANY of them. Especially that lady with a pink Mohawk and more chains than Mr. T who has "Jen's Bitch" tattooed between her shoulder blades.

Al Penwasser said...

BTW, Alex...? It's not just you.

TS Hendrik said...

Indeed those are the good moments. I won an ugly green cup at a carnival game when I was a kid, cherished the thing for years, despite everyone insisting it was the ugliest cup in the world. Then one day someone "accidentally" broke it. Which in a way I suppose was a simple victory for the cup haters of the world.

Baby Sister said...

Totally agree with Alex and the rest on this list. Seriously those kinds of things can make my day. Especially not being Snooki.

Crack You Whip said...

So thankful I am not Snooki! I could probably deal with being George Bush...but probably not.

Chuck said...

When my toast, eggs, and bacon are done one right after the other so everything is still hot when I eat breakfast...best start to the day!

AccordingtoJewels said...

Love the list of simple pleasures. I'm especially happy about that last one though.

Ms. A said...

Guess mine would be getting a call from my (grown) kids, "just because", not just because they need something.

Stef H said...

very good!!! here's one for ya...

buying sneakers with the PERFECT size laces and not ones that are 3 feet long and go around your ankle 5 times - lol.

thanks for the visit.

hugs :)

DEZMOND said...

yes, not being George Bush is biggest of blessings... goes for Obama and Clinton too!

Sangu Mandanna said...

I'm cracking up over the last one. Brilliant. Though I do love finishing homework/work days before the deadline.

Pat Tillett said...

These are pretty good ones. I get pretty thrilled when anything I cook, comes out really tasty...

M Pax said...

I especially loved the last one. lol

Having more energy during a work out is a great one too, a sign I'm improving.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I betcha George Dubya wakes up every morn, looks in the mirror, and says "Thank God I'm not Snooki! It was just that darn same 'ole nightmare."

xoRobyn

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Finding money in the washing......if I find it it's mine........finding money on the sidewalk and no ones else is around to get to it first yes I do like to find money why because I have none........lol Farting in a lift and being able to blame it one someone else........lol

Miley said...

Ooooh, what about a blog victory? Like having me call out my husband on not blogging for like EIGHT MONTHS via comment on my blog?

Well played, Toastie, well played.

That's your new name, btw. Toastie.

SpacerGuy said...

Warp over to Nerd Tests and take the Trekkie Test! I guarantee you'll get a warm trekkie feeling afterwards!

nutschell said...

those are sweet moments for sure. Certainly love it when I find something I thought was lost!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com