Friday, July 20, 2012

Presidential Campaign Slogans...... Not Quite


Many presidential candidates have had popular and inspiring campaign slogans. Most candidates go through many ideas before they commit to one. Here are some that never made it off the drawing board.

George W. Bush - "Hooked on Phonics worked for me"

Bill Clinton - "I support fat chicks"

George H. Bush - "My wife does not look like George Washington"

Richard M. Nixon - "You can call me Dick"

Abraham Lincoln - "Not only will I free the slaves but I will get rid of all these freaking' zombies too"

George Washington - "Wooden teeth for everybody!!"

Ulysses S. Grant - "Stop naming your sons Ulysses"

Herbert Hoover - "Time travel is our future"

Thomas Jefferson - "If you liked the last guy, you will love me"

Grover Cleveland - "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands"

Theodore Roosevelt - "Prostitution will be legalized"

Barack Obama - "I'm not George W. Bush"

Woodrow Wilson - "Where's Waldo?"

Millard Fillmore - "We need to trust children more"

John F. Kennedy - "To answer your question, yes, I had sexual relations with Marilyn Monroe"




8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Where's Waldo - hilarious!

Mark said...

It's a shame Barack never used that line. Especially as he got a Nobel Peace Prize for pretty much being not George Bush.

Al Penwasser said...

James Garfield: "Shoulda Ducked."
Gerald Ford: "You Can Call Him Dick."
William Henry Harrison: "Coats Are For Pussies."
William McKinley: "What Garfield Said."
Theodore Roosevelt: "I Carry a Big Stick. Wanna See? Ladies?"
James Buchanan: "I Really Was President!"
Chester Arthur: "What Buchanan Said."
Franklin Roosevelt: "I'd Rather Be Blind. Have You Seen Eleanor?"
Lyndon Johnson: "But, I Didn't"
Warren Harding: "I'm Still Dead."
Calvin Coolidge: "Get While the Getting's Good. 23-Skidoo!"
Franklin Pierce: "More Than an Answer to a Trivial Pursuit Question."
I've got more, but, as Franklin Roosevelt also said, "I've Been Here Too Long-I've Gotta Go."

Arlee Bird said...

Those work for me. Well, not me if I were running, but I don't care what slogans those guys use. I'm sure Romney will have some good ones.

Obama's for next go around, "Not the hope and change you were expecting."


Lee
Tossing It Out

Ms. A said...

Clinton's could ditto Kennedy's, with a mere name change, because I don't care what you try to call it, it was still sexual relations.

Chuck said...

Very creative! To answer your question on a comment you made on my blog...yes it's me! Who the hell else would it be :) My profile somehow was set to private but I fixed it, thanks man.

Birgit said...

OK These are hilarious..Nothing else to add. Gotta love that Lincoln killed the Fabg boys and no I am not talking about that new English Boy Band..although i can dream

Pat Tillett said...

Very funny stuff!
See? You still got it...