Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Failed state slogans



New Jersey

Current:
The Garden State. Yeah Gardens are what people think of when they drive through Jersey.

Failed:
Do you smell that?
We apologize for The Jersey Shore.
Now with less medical waste at the beach!

Montana

Current:
Big Sky Country. How can the sky be bigger?

Failed:
Every house comes with a free 27 acres of land.
I bet you forgot we were a state.
We have one Walmart and it's a 3 hour drive from everywhere.

Florida

Current:
The Sunshine State. I have been to plenty of other states that had sunshine.

Failed:
Bring us your old people.
The penis of the USA.
Disney World is overrated but you're gonna come anyway.

Alabama

Current:
Sweet Home Alabama. Heart of Dixie. You are not allowed to have more than one slogan!

Failed:
No, Deliverance was not filmed here.
Come to Alabama, we will show you our Dixie.
More cousin weddings than Arkansas and Kentucky combined!

Maryland

Current:
More than you can imagine. You reeeaallly don't want to know what I can imagine.

Failed:
Not Merry-Land, Mar-eh-land
Home of the .....?
We are pretty tight with Delaware.



15 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

I live in Florida. I don't know why it's called the sunshine state. We have a thunderstorm every damn day.

Love,
Janie

Liz A. said...

Isn't this a category on Jeopardy!?

Birgit said...

Ah yes, Florida hot, muggy, hurricanes, sharks...I could live in Montana...sounds nice

Adam said...

People in Alabama think married couples are only allowed to have one set of grandparents.

Geo. said...

We have a Walmart here in the Vineyard Area. It too is a three-hour drive, even from one end of itself to another. Following on GFC.

Pat Hatt said...

At least in Alabama one has less gifts to buy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit!

Joanne said...

very funny. Thanks for visiting my blog. Here in TX - yeah, we're freakin' huge and carry a gun. No we don't eat armadillos.
(I'm from PA, but married a Texan. The state can be very annoying)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

"More cousin weddings..." Hahaha. Good one, PTM.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

LOL. You're a funny guy. I like that.

I hail from Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. We could also compete for number of cousin weddings because everything in WV is relative.

Shammickite said...

I have no idea why every state (and Province in Canada) needs a slogan. Seems like a waste of words.

nashvillecats2 said...

Being from the UK and have visited many of the states in the US thought this hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You got me thinking! hahahaha

Sandra Cox said...

I'm with Alex. My imagination is pretty vivid:)
Is Betty still looking for you?:)

Computer Tutor said...

I've always thought the slogans were how they viewed themselves and not connected in any way to reality.