Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Testing your wits



Hi, want to play? No? Too bad, I am forcing you to. I will train your logical thinking skills to look for unusual laws lurking in outwardly ordinary lists of words. In this paragraph, I want you to look for what is missing. Although my words may look ordinary, this is not typical writing. An unusual constraint limits my words. I could not put just any word in this paragraph. Many words simply would not fit. Did you find it? Is your brain in pain? What is missing in this paragraph?


Answer: (Right click your mouse and highlight below)
There is no letter E in the paragraph.


10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Bummer, I only noticed that 'too' should've been 'to.'

Ms. A said...

Nope, I didn't.

Pat Tillett said...

I didn't notice that!

Baby Sister said...

Ha!! I got it!! :D

Chuck said...

Very clever grasshopper!

nutschell said...

Oooh. That made my brain hurt. NOticed something unusual but I don't know if that's the one you're talking about :)

PS. Sending your giveaway prize out today.

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Birgit said...

OK,OK. I know the paragraph is incorrect. I do not know why. I would say so here. I am losing brain cells. I right-clicked and tried to highlight but it did not work. I am going to cry. I need a beer first.

Missed Periods said...

There are no E's, right?

A Beer for the Shower said...

I'VE GOT IT! THERE ARE NO E'S!

...which was in no way inspired by the hidden answer or the comment directly above mine...

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

I guessed no es, but dang it, on my phone and my Ipad, i can't check my answer.