Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trivia Corner: Round 4

Time for round 4 folks. If you don't know the rules read ahead. If you have played before you can skip to the questions.

The game is simple. I pose some trivia question from random categories and you have to give me your answers to earn some points. The first question is usually multiple choice and the rest you have to figure out for yourself. Each question is worth a different amount of points depending on its difficulty and just because I made it worth that many points. There are some guidelines that I do ask you to follow.

They are as such:
(1) Email me your answers to Reviewsyoucantuse@gmail.com. You don't need all the answers, its fine if you only guess one. I will only accept emailed answers because I will be turning off the comments for trivia. (Some people like to spoil it by posting the answers in a comment)
(2) No cheating. Looking the answers up on the Internet takes the fun out of the game. Be honest and a good sport.
(3) Questions will be posted on Tuesdays and the answers will be posted on Wednesdays. Get your answers in on time.
(4) Have fun!!

I will keep track of everybody's points on the sidebar so you can see who is kicking who's ass. In the last game I posted the answers in a post. I am changing things up. I will now be posting the answers on the sidebar each week, just in case you missed the post and don't feel like scrolling down. There is going to be 10 rounds. Whoever has the most points after 10 rounds will be declared the winner and they will receive something special. What you ask? I will tell you sometime down the road. Well I think that is it, let's play!!

(1) What name did movie producer George Lucas originally intend to give the archaeologist-adventurer we know as Indiana Jones? (1 point)

(a) Indiana Smith
(b) Indiana Stevenson
(c) Swifty Jones
(d) Professor Indy
(e) Dr. Jones
(2) For what product, still being sold today, were the first promotional coupons offered more than 100 years ago? (2 points)

(3) What was the modern aerosol can's first use after it was invented by scientists working for the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture in the early 1940s? (3 points)

(4) What is the name of the main street in Eleanor, West Virginia? (4 points)

(5) What 1935 tragedy is referred to as Black Sunday? (5 points)

Remember to email me your answers to Reviewsyoucantuse@gmail.com. If you want the questions emailed to you in advance let me know.