Thursday, December 31, 2009

'Twas a good year

Well this is probably going to be my last post of 2009 unless something great pops into my head before I start celebrating the new year. I posted a total of 131 posts on my blog this year (actually 132 if you count this one) during a span of 145 days. I started my blog on August 8th so I had about 21 weeks of 2009 to cram as much useless nonsense in. Not too bad for my first few months, that breaks down to a post a day with roughly 2 weeks leftover. I wish I had wrote more in November and December but there is no going back now unless I develop a working flux capacitor and find a Delorean in good shape.

I decided that I need to set some goals for 2010 (in life as well as for my blog). I need more consistency and accountability in my blog. My goal for January is to have 20 posts, that's about 5 posts a week. That seems very doable since I averaged about 22 posts in the last 6 months. I also would like to have someone from another blog write something to post on here. I would like to extend an invitation to the author of I Think Its Interesting to be a guest writer for 'Just the Cheese.' I would use their real name but I'm not sure if they want me to, you know who you are.

I want to actually make some money writing this blog but that seems like a lot of work. I haven't decided if I'm going to go full force into this whole thing yet. I need to work on securing a better job in the real world first before I can do anything major with this project.

As a final word for 2009 I would like some input from the masses. What did you like/dislike about my posts this past year? What can I do to improve my blog? Add anything else you want to say, positive or negative. Tell me your thoughts. See you again in 2010. Over and out.

3 comments:

California Keys said...

I'm flattered! I would love to write a guest post.... You just let me know when and where!

My trick to writing a lot is to make sure that I schedule a post before I go to sleep.... But I'm one of those weird people that only sleeps three or four hours a night....

You've got a good blog! Just make sure you stay true to yourself.... Write whatever makes you laugh.... Make sure you think the topic you're writing about is interesting.... And be proud of what you write.

Oh yeah, and don't be embarrased about making a joke.... Not everyone will understand your humor, but some people will, and that's all that matters. Take Dane Cook as an example.... You either love him or you hate him.

My goal is for my kids to go back and read my blog when I'm older and say 'Hmmmm... My dad had some interesting ideas.' or 'Ha Ha! My dad was pretty funny!'

Wow.... I just went back a read what I just wrote.... I sound like a long winded douchebag!

Golden Girl said...

dont write 5 times a week

California Keys said...

Is golden girl your fiancee? That's kind of mean...