Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Not-so-well-known driving laws



You only need to stop for a full 3 seconds at a stop sign if there is a cop nearby.

Cutting someone off or tailgating is permitted if you are late for work or if you have to take a shit.

There is a limit on how many times you can flip people the bird within a week. That number is 3.

If you are over the age of 65 you are allowed to drive whatever speed limit you want.

Using your turn signal is optional if you are an asshole.

If you don't understand the personalized plates on the car in front of you, it is legal to ram them.

Speeding during a rain or snow storm is encouraged.

 It is illegal to park in front of a fire hydrant except on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, if it is raining and you are left handed.

Having a bumper sticker that read 'Proud parent of an honor roll student' will result in suspension of driver's license and 10 days in jail.

Between the hours of 2 am and 5 am red lights are optional.

Deer, cows and penguins have the right of way on all highways.

The only safe way to transport a mattress is tying it to the roof of your car with flimsy rope.

Speeding is legal if you just watched any of the Fast & Furious movies.

Having a blow-up doll or mannequin in your passenger seat does qualify you to use the carpool lane.

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd be ramming a lot of cars then. My wife always tells me to pull up beside them so she can ask what the hell their plate says.
Speeding is always legal for me.

anne marie in philly said...

I am over 65, so LOOK OUT!

Liz A. said...

I'm not left-handed, so parking in front of the fire hydrant is out...

I'm so glad I put my foot down and wouldn't allow my mother to display any of the "my student is..." stickers on her car.

Mary Kirkland said...

Sounds about right to me. The Fast & Furious movies are pretty good too.

Adam said...

There are no speed limits between California and Hawaii

Jax said...

Worse than the bumper stickers are the stick figure families!! Ughhhh Just, why?!

Janie Junebug said...

Obeying those laws sounds as if it could lead to an increase in the cost of my auto insurance.

Love,
Janie

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

A blow-up doll is helpful for more than just the carpool lane, PTM.

Happy Halloween.

Tanza Erlambang said...

"If you are over the age of 65 you are allowed to drive whatever speed limit you want.".....

aww …..discrimination rule...how about below 15?

Birgit said...

If you are young and just got your license, you are allowed to drive a big ass pick up truck, drive recklessly and park it crookedly in the parking lot. This allows us to ram the Ram into the right position. By the way, my hubby uses that finger 3 times within 5 miles

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm almost 77..no rules or laws apply to me..except for hitting animals..animals are sacred...unless its a skunk..then all bets are off.