Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Dear John Letter: written by a dyslexic five year old

Daer Jhon,

 I Konw yuor nmae ins't Jhon, my mtheor tlod me to use taht nmae. I am srory to hvae to say tihs to you but I tinhk we sohuld see oehtr popele. Nipnapg wtih you has been fun but I need to mvoe on wtih my lfie. You cluod do so mcuh bteter tahn me. Suise is snlige and she is awyals lioknog at you. I hvae seen you cechk out her big, runod bule eeys. I hvae dnrak Ptere's mlik and I lkie the tsate of his wihte stutf bteetr. He ralely ejnyos it wehn I paly wiht his lolcnin log. I am keniepg the marcanoi pcitrue taht you mdae me. I whis you all the bset. Good lcuk nxet yaer in fisrt gadre. You wlil awyals be my frist ksis.

Lvoe, Smatnaha

 To view the unjumbled paragraph right click with your mouse and highlight below.
Dear John,

I know your name isn't John, my mother told me to use that name. I am sorry to have to say this you  but I think we should see other people. Napping with you has been fun but I need to move on with my life. You could do so much better than me . Susie is single and she is always looking at you. I have seen you check out her big, round blue eyes. I have drank Peter's milk and I like the taste of his while stuff better. He really enjoys it when I play with his lincoln log. I am keeping the macaroni picture that you made me. I wish you all the best. Good luck next year in first grade. You will always be my first kiss.

Love, Samantha

Studies show that the brain can read words even if they are jumbled as long as the first and last letter are correct. Was it easy to read the jumbled paragraph?

21 comments:

Dorn said...

Napping tripped me up

Baby Sister said...

I understand everything but one word. Go me!! :)

Oilfield Trash said...

I read this when I was drunk last night and it sounded fine to me.

Anonymous said...

I culod raed it. - G

Golden Eagle said...

I didn't have much trouble reading it. It's fascinating the way the brain can read things . . . even if they're jumbled like that.

Hart Johnson said...

which would be why you shouldn't edit your own stuff... your eyes FIX it! I hadn't seen THIS one, but I got a work email a couple years ago that was similar... freaky stuff, what our brain will fix.

m. said...

amazing.
our brains are magical.

Marlene said...

Was able to read it all except for the word NAPPING. That one stumped me!

Pat Tillett said...

I got all of it but napping...

baygirl32 said...

dnid't eeven solw em dwon. Got ti all.

Chuck said...

Fcuk, Taht gvae me a haedahce.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Poor Jhon. I found this easy but very painful.
xo

Sylvia Plathypus said...

No sweat. This was fun to read!! ;)

anne marie in philly said...

a bit difficult for me; I made it through the first 4 sentences before I gave up.

Jax said...

I got all of it until Lincoln Log. All I know is, my baby girl better not be sending any dear John letters or playing with any logs in the first grade!

Liz A. said...

Napping got me, but otherwise I could decipher it. I've seen something similar which described the phenomena. I think it's because we read the whole word rather than sounding it out. Someone learning to read would have a terrible time with this, I imagine.

Birgit said...

I could actually read it without looking t the way it should have been written.

Mary Kirkland said...

It's so weird that I didn't have a problem reading that.

Adam said...

I had a seizure reading that


tankshs

Pat Hatt said...

Is it sad I read it like it was normal? Hanging out with kids too much I guess.

yellowdoggranny said...

not difficult at all..I've always found it easy to read those kind of things..