Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Get off the phone!!

I haven't ranted in awhile and I do love some good old fashioned ranting like my great grandma used to do. Okay, I have no idea if my great grandma ranted a lot, I might be lying, please don't hold me to it. Most of my rants are about how annoying or frustrating people are, especially while driving but this rant isn't about driving. I could rant everyday on people's inability to drive. Don't get me started.

I think technology has taken over our lives. I think cell phones especially have taken control of people. I have to admit that I am addicted to my cell phone from time to time, mostly playing word games. What bothers the crap out of me is when people walk and use their cell phones, whether it be texting or playing a game, talking on their cell and walking doesn't bother me as much. People who text and walk should be beaten with a pillow case full of bars of soap. Either these idiots walk to slow or have no idea where they are walking. How about you pull over to the edge of the sidewalk or walkway and do whatever you need to do on your phone. I even saw people walking and texting in the rain, really people? You can't even be off your phone in the rain?
It is mostly on school campus that I run into this annoyance. Damn young people have no respect.

While I am on the subject of young college students, I would also like these kids to learn some sidewalk etiquette. It is sort of like driving a car, you are suppose to stay to the right (if you live in the U.S.). You don't walk on the left side and you don't walk with a group side to side taking up the whole damn walkway. I would really like to punch one of these kids in the face. Who taught these kids the rules anyway? I think I just hate large groups of people because somehow or another they always are in my way. I will have to invest in a Segway so I can run them over.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hire one of the students to pull you around in a rickshaw. Leaves you more time for texting, word games, etc.

Mark said...

Don't buy a Segway, you live in America, buy an assault rifle, that'll clear up them streets. But I do agree. My phone dies all the time from neglect though, and the battery fell out and it took me so long to put it back in the date and time reset. This was about 2 weeks ago and my phone still thinks it's 2005 lol.

Jeff Beesler said...

If you think this is bad try working in a fast food restaurant where "coning" has become all too popular with the youngin's. This is where you serve them an ice cream cone, and rather than them taking the ice cream by the cone like they're supposed to, they take the cone by the ice cream, making a mess, ruining food, and being a total waste of time.

When will the insanity end?

BB said...

So true. And I don't want to hear your conversations about your gossip while talking on your phone while I'm trying to get past your shopping cart parked in the middle of the aisle and you ignore me. I will ram it!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't walk angry!
Cell phones in general bug me. Driving and texting is stupid.

Miss Teacher said...

Try dealing with teenagers on phones in lessons. Grrrrrr..
It makes me want to gouge their eyes out with spoons.
Instead, I am only allowed to confiscate the phone.

Ms. A said...

I just love when someone else is ranting. I hate to be the only one! Rant on!

AllenTesch said...

Wanna know something worse? They do it while driving too.

Marlene said...

Here's one for you. Two loud obnoxious parents in a restaurant, each on the phone carrying on their separate conversations...and their freaking noisy misbehaved brats are running around throwing cutlery, tripping up servers and making all kinds of racket while the nobs...errr....sperm & egg donors...are blissfully ignoring them.

Al Penwasser said...

I know for a fact my great-grandma ranted. Mostly because of that mole the size of a half dollar on her face. With the two hairs coming from it.
OK, gotta go. My cell phone's ringing and I gotta walk in the street.

Average Girl said...

You know what I think is awful, is that I was at a pub last week, and when the pub got dark and just the candles were flickering, I stopped yacking my brains out at my friend, and took a look around, and all you could see was a sea of lit up screens on telephones where people were texting instead of talking to the person across from them... I wonder when people decided that cyber friends were more important than the flesh ones sitting across from them! That's my rant!

Baby Sister said...

It's probably a good thing we don't go to the same college. There will be times that I will text and walk at the same time because I'm in such a hurry to get back to work after class that I don't take the time to stop and write it. They do drive me crazy when they walk in the middle of the road and act like they own the place and cars cater to them. Last time I checked? My car was bigger than them!!

Chuck said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this subject. I hate when my wife texts and drives at the same time...and I am in the car! I want to grab the phone and throw it out the window. What can't wait until you get where you are going I say.

Pat Tillett said...

Not only do these dildos talk on the phone everywhere, but the talk so LOUD! Like we give a crap about what they have to say. Oh sorry, gotta go, my cell is ringing...