Time for round 7 folks. If you don't know the rules read ahead. If you have played before you can skip to the questions.
The game is simple. I pose some trivia question from random categories and you have to give me your answers to earn some points. The first question is usually multiple choice and the rest you have to figure out for yourself. Each question is worth a different amount of points depending on its difficulty and just because I made it worth that many points. There are some guidelines that I do ask you to follow.
They are as such:
(1) Email me your answers to Reviewsyoucantuse@gmail.com. You don't need all the answers, its fine if you only guess one. I will only accept emailed answers because I will be turning off the comments for trivia. (Some people like to spoil it by posting the answers in a comment)
(2) No cheating. Looking the answers up on the Internet takes the fun out of the game. Be honest and a good sport.
(3) Questions will be posted on Tuesdays and the answers will be posted on Wednesdays. Get your answers in on time.
(4) Have fun!!
I will keep track of everybody's points on the sidebar so you can see who is kicking who's ass. In the last game I posted the answers in a post. I am changing things up. I will now be posting the answers on the sidebar each week, just in case you missed the post and don't feel like scrolling down. There is going to be 10 rounds. Whoever has the most points after 10 rounds will be declared the winner and they will receive something special. What you ask? I will tell you sometime down the road. Well I think that is it, let's play!!
(1) How long after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery did runner Joan Benoit successfully compete in the 1984 U.S. Olympic trials for the women's marathon? (1 point)
(a) 6 days
(b) 10 days
(c) 17 days
(d) 24 days
(e) 31 days
(2) Which comic book hero was the first to acquire superpowers as the result of a lab accident? (2 points)
(3) What was the name of the white Maltese dog that was bequeathed a $12 million trust fund by Leona Helmsley? (3 points)
(4) Which two Oscar-nominated movies were filmed in the same small town where the 1956 epic Giant was shot? (4 points) 2 extra points if you can name the town
(5) For what sport did country singer Garth Brooks receive a partial athletic scholarship from Oklahoma State University? (5 points)
Remember to email me your answers to Reviewsyoucantuse@gmail.com. If you want the questions emailed to you in advance let me know.