Monday, January 6, 2020

Did You Know?


Some interesting facts with a little added snark.

If your nearest Waffle House is closed, you should probably run. Because the=hour chain only shuts down during absolute devastation, FEMA unofficially determines the severity of natural disasters by whether local Waffle Houses remain open or not. They call this "The Waffle House Index."

So if you work at IHOP, you must be a pussy.


You can fit 63 Earths inside Uranus.

You are going to need a lot of space lube.


An Earth year is 365.2214 days. We have leap years every four years to account for this extra day.

I always though a leap year designed by the school system to give us more homework.


12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's true about Waffle Houses. You also know you're in the South if you can walk out of a Waffle House and look in either direction and see another Waffle House.

DEZMOND said...

UrAnus is so big? I did not know, you never bragged about it :P

CJ Kennedy said...

We're scrod in the Northeast then as there are no Waffle Houses. I always wondered why in all that is holy and good someone would decide, yeah, let's add an extra day in February. We could use another day in the dead of Winter. It would have been far better to add the extra day in July and make it a beach holiday.

Joanne said...

whoever did put the Leap Year Day in February was evil. Worst month of the year and it's longer. I think I'll just hibernate the 29th and emerge non the wiser from a day of crap news, weather, etc. And then go to a Waffle House (if one's still standing near me)

Debbie Nolan said...

Hello - I seen you took time to visit me. Glad to meet you. Believe it or not I have never eaten at a Waffle House. Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a great week.

anne marie in philly said...

no waffle houses up here; I do have an IHOP within 2 miles of my location.

guess I had better own some stock in astro-glide lube! (hee hee)

Liz A. said...

What's a Waffle House?

Adam said...

IHOP> waffle house

Mary Kirkland said...

I did not know that about The Waffle House. That's crazy and funny.

Ananka said...

Leap Years suck! Over here a woman can propose to a man for his hand in marriage on 29th Feb!

Elephant's Child said...

IHOP/Waffle House? Colour me ignorant.
The mother of a friend of mine was born on the 29th of February. She was robbed most years but aged slowly. Or so she insisted.

Birgit said...

I have no waffle houses near me but maple syrup could be a great jiffy lube for Uranus