Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fucking People!!


The title might have fooled you. This post isn't about sex, at least I don't think it is but feel free to turn anything I say into a sexual innuendo. Now onto the topic at hand. I loathe last second customers. I used to get annoyed with them, then into turned into not liking them. that turned into a strong hate and now I loathe them. I work at a financial institution, I am not going to tell you which one or where, that way I can protect my own ass. I have figured out that no matter what time you are open to there is always going to be a few people that come in just a few minutes before you close and 50% of the time one of them says "oh, just made it." I would like to hold a hot iron to these peoples' faces.

You have to be some kind of dick to walk into a place knowing it is closing in 3 minutes. Now I understand some people have emergencies but not all of them do. The worst of it is that I can only have so much money in my drawer and if it goes above a certain number I have to sell it to the vault. Normally it is not a problem, but at closing it is a pain in the ass and it takes us a hell of a lot longer to close up. For example, last night a business dropped off a crap load of money five minutes before we closed. We got out 30 minutes later than we normally do. So freaking annoying!!!

Last minute customers never have a simple deposit, either they are depositing a lot of cash or they need to withdrawal a lot of cash. Why do you need $5000 right now?!?!?! I want to poll customers that take out a lot of money and ask them what they are using it for. The choices for answers would include: house repair, purchasing a car, paying taxes, buying drugs and gambling addiction. 70 year old ladies do not need to take out $8000, something fishy is going on.

I also hate people that after pulling on the locked door and reading the 'we are closed sign' still ask us if we are open. Some lade the other day came in last second to deposit $10 in her account. Seriously?!!? These people get me so mad.

Do you get last second customer where you work?

7 comments:

Mark said...

I did occasionally get them. I can't remember the last time I got them. There's not really much wrong with it in say a shop, but I can see how it would be very frustrating where you work.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sometimes clients come in just before I leave and then I'm trapped.
If I pull up to a business and see that it closes in five minutes, I usually don't go in.

Anonymous said...

"We are a 24/7 operation."

No last minute customers, per se, but definitely a lot of people asking for shit last minute because they don't know how to plan properly.

Chuck said...

I could be all douche-like and just say be glad you have a job...but I know where you are coming from. The flip side of that are the people that have to be there 30 seconds after you open in the morning and you are not quite ready for the first shit-head of the day.

Baby Sister said...

Oh yes, alllllllllllllllll the time. It's so annoying. There was one night we were closed, registers counted down, credit card machines taken care of, everything. And as we were walking out a person walked up. As we were helping them, another one came in, and as we were helping them another one came in. My dad is never one to turn away business, so it's kind of been ingrained in us, and it gets annoying. Sometimes it pays off and we get a big sale, but not usually. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

klahanie said...

Do not mention Justin Bieber. My human, Gary has told me he's Canadian and they are strongly denying it!

Anyway, where am I? Oh yeah. These last second customers you mention. You do know that a lot of them know perfectly well you are about to close. They don't care because they think they are something special.
My human would stick a rocket up their butts!
Thanks for coming over to my site, well actually, it's my human's site. It's just that I write better than him!
Pawsitive wishes, Penny :)

Pat Tillett said...

Most banks and credit unions have at least one or two people who aren't scheduled to get off until long enough after closing time to handle last minute customers. Maybe you guys need to adjust start times. It really sucks to get stuck at work if you have to be somewhere, or just want to get out on time.

On the customer side for a sec... Have you ever walked into a subway or fast food place near closing time and they don't have an item that you want because they started closing early?
A while back I walked into an Arby's and ordered a sandwich and chocolate shake. The girl at the counter told me that were out of shakes. I said, you are totally out of the things you need to make shakes? She then fessed up that they already cleaned the shake machines out, so they couldn't make me a shake. I then asked her what time it was. She said it was 9:45 PM. I asked her what time they closed, she said 10:00. I asked her if there was a manager there, she said there was an assistant in the back and she went and got him. I asked him the same thing about the time and he responded with. "well we like to get an early start on closing out so we can go home." I asked him if the store manager or owner was there, he said no. I said, "I already knew the answer to that question, because if they were here, I could walk in at 9:45 and get a F'ing chocolate shake...