Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Write Something





Anyone else feel drained of creative juices? I have 55 drafts/ideas but my brain doesn't want to cooperate. Plus these damn kids are wearing me out. When I finally sit down to write I am exhausted, mentally and physically. Coffee isn't doing the job it used to do. 

I am not complaining. I just wanted to write something instead of staring at the computer screen. I haven't ranted in awhile. Seemed like a good time. Ummm... I don't have anything else to rant about. Well that was a big waste of time. 

I know why men have nipples but I am not telling you. 


7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You are not alone. A lot of writers aren't writing now. Too much oppression, from the virus itself to the lock downs and everything else that's been happening. I don't envy you raising kids in this world, man.

Joanne said...

Hey - you wrote something - that counts. I am responding, so that counts too. Yes - I think we are all burned out right now - just too much world. It keeps turning, but I think it's trying to shrug us off. Hang in there. It's okay to not write - just sit with your eyes closed, hands poised above the keyboard. Deep breath, and then yell at the kids for something. (You know they did it).

Ananka said...

I know that feeling! Yes coffee sometimes doesn't cut it and then you are up all night because you have had a billion cups to drink!

We will still be here when you decide to post again. Least you managed something ;-D

Liz A. said...

You're living through a major world event. That you even got out of bed is an accomplishment. Think of this as a fallow time, a time that you'll get plenty of material from, but not until it's over. And taking care of kids is pretty much a full-time job.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I believe Liz said it best. It's a major event, even bigger than 9/11. Our generation has never seen anything like it. I wonder how our parents and grandparents handled WWII?

Birgit said...

This write up could be a whole Seinfeld episode

Darla M Sands said...

Except for the Seinfeld episode comment, I agree one hundred percent. Heh... Among few other contemporaries besides my husband, I never liked those characters. Meanwhile, having a perfect day to sit outside and write prose led nowhere. ~sigh~ My OCs seem to be in hiding. Be well and please find a way to enjoy family time.