This post is not about that dancing movie. For a long time now I have been trying to get back into a flow or consistent state of blogging. I have not been able to. I am not the same blogger I used to be, I am a little lazier now. That kind of pisses me off. I always say to myself I am going to do this or that but I don't follow through. Maybe planning a wedding and moving had a little to do with it but I don't want to make excuses. I would rather create a plan of action.
I wrote down some points that I would like to stick to related to blogging. I titled my notes 'blog standards'. Each week I would like to accomplish each of these points so that I can be more consistent and create a better flow like in the olden days. I want you, the reader, to hold me accountable. If you notice I am slacking feel free to kick me in the ass. Right now I have 11 key points, they are as follows:
- Write at least 2 posts per week. I would like to eventually write 3 per week. I used to write 5 a week. I don't know how I kept it up.
- Receive a minimum of 10 comments per post. I don't have as much control over this but if I read and comment on enough blogs I should get that in return.
- Comment for a comment. Whoever comments on my blog, I will return the favor.
- Read a minimum of 5-10 blogs per day. I most likely will only be reading Sunday thru Friday.
- Utilize my Just the Cheese Facebook page to promote posts.
- Utilize Twitter to reach more readers and fellow bloggers.
- Reply to all comments I receive on Just The Cheese via email.
- Read one new blog per week.
- Keep blog looking clean and fresh. Remove clutter and blogs from blogroll that aren't active.
- Have a guest poster or guest post on another blog once a month.
- Have fun and write whatever the fuck I want..
I do most of this anyway. I lack most on posting and reading consistently. I want to go back to 2010 where I wrote 321 posts that year. Last year I only wrote 84. What the hell happened? I want to be a staple blog in the blogosphere. I feel I have lost some of my appeal. Okay, time to stop bitching about my blog laziness. Now I am off to read your blogs.
Oh yeah, If you read my last post I told you I had a secret to tell you. In 7 months I am going to be a daddy!